Friday, December 18, 2009

Get off the Couch: T-minus one week

Why get off the couch and go holiday shopping when there is blogging and non-productive farming to be had?
 
Here's a few photos of our backyard from the recent snow fall AND a big holiday wish from Terri Clark to you. She has nothing to do with this blog except that I really like her music and that this "card" came to my email and thus I must share it with you. I must admit that I like it better when she wears her hat but the wife finds her quite fine without it. You really should take a listen to her new album....




The owl is back!
I am way excited. While walking the dogs early this morning, I heard the hoo-hoo-hooooot of our friendly owl. Then, while getting dressed, I heard him calling from the back yard. You may not be enthralled by this, but I am. I mean, it's not like we live in the woods. He (she?) shows up every year just in time for the snow. For those of you who don't know of my owl antics (or about my love of owl poop, which is really not poop at all), please refer to (after reading this blog entry, of course!): http://addiwp.blogspot.com/2007/12/hoo-hoo-owl-poop-first-may-i-say-my-new.html


The wife scored us some Carrie Underwood tickets for late this spring. What a woman! We'll be going with Pastor Master Reiki, Blue Eyes and those gaywad neighbors. It's really interesting how they sell concert ticket these days--it's all about the "pre-sale." What a crock of owl poop! You pay to join a fan club, you get a special code, you get to buy tickets before the general public. Other concerts give you pre-sale access if you sign up for their email alerts. Seems like all the concerts do something like this now. Since we don't belong to anything special, we will not be up close and personal with Carrie's leather pants--we'll have to settle for dancing in our seats while staring at the jumbo-tron. The wife is VERY excited, to say the least. (Carrie will not be wearing a cowboy hat, unlike Terri Clark in concert.)

Being the concert whore that I am, I'm joining MJagger & her sister for a Black Eyed Peas concert in the spring. Purchasing BEP tickets also involved pre-sale nonsense, only for that one you had to have an American Express card AND join the club. Geez. What happened to standing in line waiting to buy the actual ticket? I remember waiting for Vince Gill tickets back in 1995....we waiting outside the venue, freezing our tails off...5 AM in line for tickets going on sale at 10 AM. There was no wimpy Internet ticket buying nor was there the cell phone while on the Internet tactic. Are there even actual Ticketmaster outlets anymore? Anyone remember standing in line at Colonial Village to get seats for a concert? Quarterflash, Loverboy, The Motels, Styx, REO Speedwagon, Foreigner....all tickets purchased at the mall. (Oh dear, I am really dating myself here--by the bands, not the ticket-buying part. Dare I even mention the Michael Stanley Band? Probably not. Only three or four of you--if I'm lucky--will know who the hell they were.)

As mentioned a few blogs ago, I went on line and bought us a new snow blower. I think I neglected to mention that it is a teeny, weeny electric snow blower. I wish you could've seen the wife's face when she took it out of the box. She muttered something about the tires looking like something for toys (which is actually an accurate description of said wheels). I have to tell you, though--that puppy plowed through that last snow blast. As noted, the photos depicted here are from our first major snow storm faced by the snow blower. If it can make it through eight inches of wet snow, I think it can make it through the season--as long as I don't run over the electric cord. It's light weight, it doesn't need a mix of gas/oil, I don't smell like a diesel truck when I'm done and it cleans the drive way better than the big, smelly snow blower did. Go figure. For those of you who enjoyed the "I sucked the neighbors' Christmas lights into the new snow blower" story, be sure to 'flashback' to that blog entry. It's such a great story, I might have to "run" it again (I should probably make it an annual event); but, for now you can check it out via link: http://addiwp.blogspot.com/2006/12/friendly-neighbor-with-snow-blower.html

Finally, for no known reason, I am closing this blog entry with this precious diddy (below), for no reason other than it made me laugh. I know, I know, it's gross. At least we know it's not owl poop.

T-minus one week, people! Get out there with me tomorrow and shop!

1 comment:

  1. My snowblower DOES make me smell like a diesel truck, you're right! And Lenore's got a nifty electric snowblower that kicks ass. However, I do have an electric lawnmower, which, oddly enough, Lenore refuses to use because she said it's too much like vacuuming. Whatever!

    ReplyDelete