Wednesday, December 23, 2009

T minus 15 hours--The Ice Storm Cometh


Before lamenting about the ice storm going on outside at this very moment, I would like to take this opportunity to profess my undying dedication to my beloved lady chiropractor. I am happy to report that Master Pastor Reiki strolled in to MBLC's office and came out all cracked up...er, adjusted, quite to her satisfaction. 

Now, Master Pastor knows her stuff, so a compliment from MPR regarding MBLC is quite the stamp of approval. My cockles just get warmed thinking about it. No, that is not MBLC, but I liked the photo, so what the heck. MBLC is much more delicious than that. 

Ah, only 15 or so hours til Christmas Eve festivities in the Cheddarlands. The problem? The weather. If it were normal, everyday winter weather (aka snow, cold, wind), it really wouldn't be a problem. But, the stuff falling from the sky--and that is literally coating the roads--is ice, and plenty of it. See that pink stuff in the picture (as afforded to me by the Channel de la Weather). There isn't much we can do about it. We can stare at the Weather Channel. We can check the road conditions. We can refresh the Road Conditions web page, but it's not going to change anything. We just have to wait. 

  If the precipitation were only as "big" as what is on this map, that wouldn't be a problem for tomorrow. If the precipitation were going anywhere but due north, that would also not be a problem. If we were only going an hour or something away, it wouldn't be as traumatic. Alas, the blob you can't see is ginormous and it's all going north like it's looking for Santa's home and we're supposed to be going three hours (on a normal day) north with the pink blob. Of course, when we get there, we have to turn around and come home. That's potentially six hours--or more--of sheer terror. 

  But, as we all know, the weather has a mind of its own. The weather has us by the balls. There is no guarantee the weather will do what it is said to be set to do. It makes fools of weathermen. It is more unpredictable than my hairdos. So, all of the wife's family are, understandably, in a tizzy. Everyone has to travel to get to the Christmas Eve festivities. Everyone has to wait to see what will transpire, but in the meantime, everyone has to get ready as if we will really be making the trip. 

While thinking for Christmas Eve morning and while waiting to see what the weather will bring, we plan on watching television (that's productive), staring out the window (to make sure no tree limbs have crashed to the ground as they did during our last ice storm), heckling Book de la Friend via status updates and watching Xena reruns on my computer (well, I'll be doing that--the wife will pass on this activity). I tried doing some walking with Leslie Sansone but I lost interest after two miles, so that' wasn't a very good distraction. My knee hurts so I have to pass on "seeing" my gal pal Jillian. It's too icy to see if MBLC has evening hours to work on my knee. I could take the new little electric snow blower outside and see how it reacts to 1/2 of ice on the driveway but that doesn't sound like a good idea. T minus 15 hours. Can't wait to see what Local on the 8's brings us tomorrow morning....

No comments:

Post a Comment