Sunday, January 14, 2018

Firing Up with Furry

Yes, that's supposed to say Furry.

The Addivere Dog Furry Olympics (see previous blog) continue as scheduled. The "find the food under the cup" event has become a staple of the training. Rosita hasn't quite figured out that she should eat the food once she knocks over the cup--she carries the cups around in triumph, leaving the treats for her mighty smart sister. I'm not sure how Fluff will do when it comes to today's training for "Firing Up Fetch Furry and Sprint." Perhaps the obstacle course (yet to be built) will be her specialty.

Speaking of firing up and furry-ing... on the day it was available, I purchased that 45-related book about firing up. To be honest, I didn't buy it because I wanted to read it. The nightly news is bad enough. I don't need a play-by-play of the ridiculousness. I purchased it because 45 was babbling about a cease and desist. Someone didn't want any of us reading a book that might not be of Faux News flavor. Um, wow. There's this thing called freedom of speech... that thing used willy nilly by today's hair apparent. No, there was no way I wasn't going to buy that book. It was my big middle finger about the stupidity of ceasing and desisting anything of which was perfectly legal.

I think buying the book makes me more of a patriot, not less.

As for the actual book... I found it interesting, easy-to-read, never surprising (nothing surprises me about politics these days), sometimes tabloid-sounding but always interesting. I'm not surprised ol' alt-right Bannon scooted off into the sunset, tail between his legs, after that book was released. (He'll have lots of free time to hang out with the Tiki-torched boys now that he's been given the boot from his own publication and from the house of 45.)

I don't think it's going to make any difference as related to 45. The guy's untouchable. His 30% love that he's a racist pig and the book didn't bring up anything not already known. Perhaps his son-in-law should be shitting in his pants but 45 is in no worse for the wear.

Personally, I can't figure out if the guy is as disgusting as he appears or if he's a genius... nor can I tell who is really running our government. I was hoping the book would shed more light on this. Maybe a tweet will be tweeted and my answer will be given, but the book didn't answer my questions.

Enough of that dribble. I shall now cease and desist on that subject.

It's supposed to snow again today. That means I am going to have to step up the Winter Games. We've already enjoyed Breakfast of Champions and the half-mile walk. Next up: the swimming events (a 7 AM bath), followed by the sprint semi-final heats (running around the couch after getting a bath). From there, we'll move on to the king kong marathon (who can devour a Kong in the shortest amount of time). I know another half-mile walk is scheduled before the snow flies. The day will close out with the bully stick chewing competition, right after we complete the drug testing (no furry friends may use performance-enhancing drugs). If we don't watch closely enough, Rosita will pee in the house and we can use that for her sample.

All we have to do is take Bandido near a tree, bush or mailbox to get her sample. She is all fired up and furry when it comes to urinating on outdoor objects.

Very furry. She's ridiculous furry, hair sticking out all over the place. Although she is not fond of "swimming," I'm sure the swimming competition will enhance her look.

Rosita can win the swimming competition. She loves a good bath. This is her time to shine, to go for the gold. This gives her the edge on the post-swimming sprint. I see glory in Fluff's near future. Fired up and curly.

....as long as she doesn't poop on the track. Pooping on the carpet is a definite disqualification.

*************************************************





No comments:

Post a Comment