Sunday, November 05, 2017

Oh, what a relief it is

Hear that sound of relief? No? Sense that feeling of relief? No? Well, I do and I'm so gonna make you hear about it.

The implementation of the new electronic health record at work went about as good as it could. Praise the baby Jesus, nothing came to a crashing halt. Nothing blew up. Everyone kept working. Lots of glitches and snags but nothing not anticipated. Incredibly to me, there weren't any big headaches (knock on wood). The problems experienced were mainly my errors, so I was able to fix them without too much angst. We are far from done but today is my first day of relief since August. I had to work a few hours this morning but that's better than working the whole Sunday. I might actually watch football without multi-tasking. Well, besides preparing for tomorrow night's class. But, that's fun and not stressful at all.

The weight is off my shoulders. I think I heard my neck muscles sigh in relief this morning. I feel like I've walked out into the sunshine after a brutal, lengthy duration of blackness.

You don't truly realize the magnitude of stress until you are released from its grip.

The wife is experiencing some relief as the dogs are only blessing the flooring every three days or so and it's usually because we're not paying attention. You can't yell at a pooping dog when it's your fault. It appears prescription food will be a staple for the time being because every time we try and cut back, the poop starts flying.

I'm sure the dogs sense relief at not having so much gastrointestinal distress. I know they vote for continued prescription food. I am so not going to argue. They deserve some relief.

The wife announced that rescue dogs are more work than puppies. I'm not sure I totally agree but they are a lot of work. They have lots of baggage, most of which we don't know anything about. We make up stories about their pasts as part of our evening fun. They don't seem to care as long as we give them treats. They are 100% food driven.

Come to think of it, I am, too.....

Speaking of the dogs, we are very entertained by the growth of Bandido's hair. We thought she wouldn't need to be groomed beyond some nail clipping. As 45 would say: "WRONG!" She is a scruffy, tufted hot mess. All we can do is laugh. Personally, I think she's preparing for the Yankee winter. It looks even weirder than can be described as it's the "front" of her that's growing, not the back. How is this even possible? It's like her "rottweiler back end" is the same while the front end is sprouting. Photos will definitely be posted in the near future.

I've started calling them "Scruff and Fluff."

The dogs and I had to have a conversation this morning as they certainly did NOT get the memo about the time change. They wake up around 4:30 AM , so it took some convincing this morning that it's not okay to get up at what is now 3:30 AM.

There is potential that the title of this blog will lead unsuspecting googlers to this page. I assume at least some of you remember the commercial from which this phrase comes from. It not, google it and see if it brings you back to this page or to the advertisement.

I'm going to watch football. I'm going to watch a movie. I'm going to take a nap. I am going to go out to eat. I'm going to eat ice cream for enjoyment, not for stress relief. I am going to relish in this first day of relief.

I've missed you. But, here I am. All yours. Kiss kiss.
***************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment