Wednesday, April 05, 2017

Political Palette

Forgive my need to write about mundane political things. It keeps me distracted and serves as free therapy. I try to stay polite in my lop-sided view of today's world. I know my left-leanings are more than colorful, so I'll work to stay balanced. Or, not.

My political palette says "Color me Green." The March for Science is quickly approaching. Earth Day (April 22) has been ear-marked for the next global political event of which I will gladly, proudly and loudly attend. I hope that the turn out will be as good as the March on Washington, as science is a pretty important thing--despite what the current administration seems to think. Call me crazy, but I like clean air, live animals, and protected national parks.

"The March for Science demonstrates our passion for science and sounds a call to support and safeguard the scientific community. It is time for people who support scientific research and evidence-based policies to take a public stand and be counted."

Now, I am one of those radical, hippy type folk so forgive me if I'm too environmental for your liking. I'm one of those weirdos who likes evidence-based things. especially when it comes to protecting the Earth. I know, I know--Science is so.... well, anti-alternative-fact driven. That belief in fake science is asinine--lib-tarded, for sure. I should sit down, be silent and behave--the white, rich men in Washington have this all under control. Global Warming is propaganda of the far left. Profit-producing pipelines are much more important than honoring sacred lands--that land is for the taking and those people need to get in line--get in pipe line (really bad pun intended). Tiny Trump and his minions remind me that coal and fracking are the wave of the future.

Speaking of Tiny Trump, I haven't had a tiny photo of him for awhile. Here he is with one of his besties. This is one of my favorites. But, aren't they all my favorites?

To be honest, I never dreamt that I'd have to be so politically active after all these years. I thought those days were long behind me. I suppose I should thank this administration for spurring me back into action. I never thought I would have to "resist" anything. I certainly never thought I'd have a T-shirt with "resist" and the National Park Service combined into one.

I'm no longer pink. My political palette says Color me red. Angry red.

*****************************************
My Penced-Political-Palette says Color me red, white and blue. As a model citizen, I want to make sure I represent both sides of the aisle. It is with this in mind that I suggest you check out this link supporting our great Vice President. It's only fair and right that I give credit where credit is due. You can thank me later.  http://www.officialmikepence.com/ 

Color me giddily converted.

****************************************
Color my sporty palette Cubbie Blue. I am pleased to announce the return of the World Series champs to town. That bright blue is what smiles are made of. I look forward to another great season--this time with no stress or angst or fretting. They won the trophy once in my lifetime--now it'll be so much "easier" to watch a game or see the standings. It would be delightful if they had another world series season, but I'm all good with whatever happens. Honestly. I'll attend games. I'll wear my team colors. I'll sing the song of my people. But, the results are just icing on this year's season. Be strong, Cub Fans. It's gonna be different being "lovable winners."

****************************************
Color me rainbow. The guy who created the Rainbow Flag passed away last week. It was about 30 years ago when the first rainbow was unveiled. "The first flags had eight colors, each stripe carrying its own significance: pink for sex, red for life, orange for healing, yellow for sun, green for nature, turquoise for magic, blue for peace and purple for spirit." 

I've always been a fan of the rainbow flag. It's so dang...well, colorful.

What's not to love about a rainbow? Rainbows aren't threatening. Rainbows are biblical. Rainbows are beautiful, colorful, wondrous. Rainbows are equal opportunity, the full palette. Please don't be all pissy because the gays soiled God's rainbow. Be happy there are rainbows and that some of them are more fabulous than others.

I'm sure Pence is all about tasting the rainbow.

I know, I know. I'm soiling God's rainbow by writing that. My true colors bleed through. I'm a one-sided rainbow. I own my palette's skewed color scheme.

Pink triangles, green forests, diverse nation. Face it: my political palette vomits a rainbow.

I vomit rainbows... and, I couldn't be prouder. Color me peachy.
*************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment