Friday, December 16, 2016

HoHoHo CoCoCo

So, this no-sugar thing. Hear that screaming? That's the button holding my pants shut.

I am glad I am only hours from the finish line. All this substitute-eating and too much shopping on line is problematic. I can eat and shop without ever leaving the couch. While this is perfect for the chilly, snowy weather we are enjoying, it is not perfect for maintaining a girlish figure.

This morning, I thought it best to weigh myself. After all, it's good to know your enemy. I went to the scale.... and, it was gone. How does a scale disappear?

I gave a call out to the wife: "Where's the scale?"

She replied, "I hid it."

No wonder I love her.

I took this as a sign from the Universe that weighing myself was a bad idea. I abandoned this effort and went back to on line shopping....with a snack in hand.

This year, I did zero shopping other than on line. Genius, convenient, wonderful. No crowds. No parking lot incidents. No having to change out of pajamas (although, that's not always a necessity when shopping), no digging through piles to find the right size. The wife rightly recognizes that soon she won't be able to ever get me to go shopping. What is the point?

Come to think of it, I did go to one store for a gift.... but, the gift was for me. Does that count as shopping?

I did experience a potential tragedy today when I locked myself out of my bank account. This is not the time of year to do such a thing. Thankfully, the bank man was very helpful and got me back on track in no time. How did I do this? I changed all my money-related passwords last week.  You know, credit cards, banks, money market stuff. Well, I didn't exactly remember the password correctly and after so many times, they say NO MORE.

My passwords are relatively complicated. I would venture I have 100 different ones, all stored in my little brain. I'd write them down but then they aren't very safe, are they? I think the bank guy got it right when he noted my passwords were so secure that even I couldn't crack them.

It's time to finish my shopping, so I'm off to the couch. At least the wife needs to do some shopping, too. Today is free shipping Friday, so there is no time to waste....

Just a few more hours. A few more hours until shopping is done and sugar is back on.  I've done well but I have had enough. So much chocolate, all waiting for my return. Be patient, my little molecules of chocolate. I'm on my way.


Ho ho ho. Co-co-co. I'm starting with vat of cocoa and a bag of Dove, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment