Friday, December 23, 2016

Chirp Chirp

The president-elect tweets all hours of the day and night and people seem to be smitten with that mode of communication. I'm not a Tweeter, but maybe it's time to start. Of course, I won't be tweeting at 3 AM--I will be asleep, like most "normal" human beings who have day time jobs.
I also won't be tweeting about nuclear arms, but that's just me.

I have an idea. If the media would stop re-posting and reporting on his tweets, no one would give a shit and the madness might stop. Just stop fueling the fire. Look where it's gotten us. The more you report, the more you fuel the nuclear, bigoted, warped fire. If nothing else, not posting the posts would give me the chance to not hear about it.
I'm
Western Civilization is crumbling, 140 characters at a time. 

I've done a good job of not watching/reading/digesting/googling the news, but info like this sneaks in while I'm awaiting the weather report. Dang it! I miss the days where I'd look out the window to see what the weather was doing.

Well, boys and girls, moms and dads: the time has come. In exactly twenty four hours, I either get in the car or don't get in the car. Christmas Eve has swooped down upon us and with that I must decide if I can muster the strength to face that of which I will have to face if I do indeed travel to the north. The thought of attending "Thanksgiving, Part II" makes me nauseous. I was praying for a blizzard but that does not appear to be in the weather cards. Since the gathering is three hours north, I can't exactly walk home from there. So, if I get in that car and head to the Cheddarlands, I'll have to suck it up and deal with whatever is dealt.

Maybe I can tweet about it.

I can and will suck it up as best possible, but there will come a point where there is no turning back. Santa, I ask: How long can I behave if things get stupid? How long can I keep my mouth shut if the hateful rhetoric starts pouring out? How much will my tongue have to bleed before I start spewing facts in their face--vomiting all over their ridiculous, Fox-fueled, uneducated, bigoted untruths?
  
Baby Jesus, swaddled and cooing, how long can I keep from throwing the racist teapot at someone's teapot-warped head? 

Rudolph, you know I've always been very respectful. I've been respectful even in the face of hate. I've been so, so respectful. I hope you took note of this over the years when you and your red nose flew into town. I've smiled and nodded and remained silent. (Okay, so my face gives me away. But, my mouth is shut. That has to count for something. At least for a few reindeer poops instead of coal.)

Baby Jesus: please don't abandon me if I am faced with that of which I dare not focus. Please help me hold my composure if any of the following statements/words are spewed:

"Killary." Anyone who uses this word will be promptly challenged, face-to-face. I fear a Christmas stocking might come flying off the mantle during the retort....

"Crooked Hillary." See above.

"You're not going to lose anything" (in regards to being gay). I will hold up a photo of Mike Pence and read about his history of hateful attacks on the gays. Nope, I can't let this one go. I let it go at Thanksgiving, but not this time. They'll be cowering behind the Christmas tree if they say anything like this. Baby Jesus, give me strength on this one. Back me up when I start yelling about the people you hung out with, served, helped, embraced. I'm sure are a champion of the queers along with the poor, the disenfranchised, the ill, the pained.

"There is no white priviledge (part I)." Santa, I may have to go in the bathroom and scream retorts while flushing the toilet so they can't fully hear me. I was respecful when they voiced hateful dribble about that Black, Muslim, Non-American president. I think the well has run dry. I have to remember that I am going to be where the baby Jesus is 100% white and is certainly not from anywhere near where all those murder-consumed Muslims are from. (Isn't Jesus from New Jersey? I can't remember.) This view of the Baby Jesus will test the little bit of sanity I left. Jesus, Mary and Joseph--leave that stable and help me be stable, instead!

"There is no white priviledge (part II)." In this holiday dinner crowd, money is a plus and certainly revered.... so, I'll have to focus on the white male part of the bazillionaires instead of the bazillionaires. Santa, drain that swamp! Fill my stocking with white rich people! If anyone brings up Ben Carson, I will call out to the baby Jesus and the cattle will start lowing from deep in my thoat. I will seek divine intervention so I don't slap them. This might require three Wise Men as well as that guy in red and that baby in a manger.

Wow! I feel better already. This blogging business sure is cathartic! Seriously. I feel so much better. I might be able to make it though the gathering without a scar, a fight or an arrest.

I'll take photos. I may take videos. I'll tweet. I'll post. I'll focus on what can be instead of what I don't want.

I can do this. 

YES.I.CAN!

I can, I can, I can!

Merry Christmas, persons of the Addiverse. Merry Christmas. May your have 140 characters of only positive thoughts this holiday.


No comments:

Post a Comment