Tuesday, November 17, 2015

It's that time of year...people on Facebook are posting for what they are grateful as their status updates.

Although I have not partaken in this way of being in the social media universe, I find this to be a MUCH more productive use of said social media than the hateful political rhetoric going on. Oh dear god, social media is a bloodbath of stupidity and vile when it comes to politics. I've been "hiding" people left and right in an effort to keep my sanity. (I don't want to unfriend them. I just need to hide them for the time being. Just typing that makes me feel like I'm in middle school.) The presidential nonsense is bad enough--add to that the "patriotic" spewing and the posting of "truths" that aren't true in any capacity but serve to "prove" a point....it's enough to burst some internal organ. It's exhausting to see all that negativity in one place.

(I was stunned by the arguing over the "French Flag Profile Photo." I didn't see that coming. I should have but I didn't. Who gushes hate over a simple gesture?)

For the record, I am especially tired of seeing the word "libtard." Anyone who uses that word is being hidden until further notice--they have earned it. Seriously. You can't come up with a better way to voice your opinion than use this derogatory term? It doesn't matter your political status or belief--all sides seem to be focused on being right--but libtard? Really? You can do much better than that.

This is why I stick to posting about poop. Poop may be sophomoric but it isn't full of hate or judgement.

Everyone poops.

Of course, I can avoid social media and for this I truly am grateful. No one is holding a gun-lobbying gun to my head to scroll down the page of social media. I keep going back to see fun things, happy things, even braggy things....photos of beloved pets and family and that new tattoo... game scores and favorite song videos.... photos of what it looks like when you don't shave for the month....

.....but, now that the old folks like me have taken over FB, we've ruined it. FB is often ugly bantering, not happy puppies. Oh my goodness, we are a crabby lot! No wonder the youngsters are flocking to other social media avenues.

Face it--we are sinking to the lowest common denominator. Stop it! Stop it now! We really are MUCH better than this. More puppies, less fake data, people. Why do we believe the fake data? Why do we take everything for granted? People in other countries are stymied by the hateful things continually posted about our President. There isn't a shred of respect left. I have to agree.

Because I agree, that probably means I'm a libtard. 

 Sigh. When did having respect, no matter the political standing, become a bad thing?

So, instead of wasting my brain cells and blessed time on hateful rhetoric, I am going to focus on all that gratitude being shared. I'm going to celebrate those who are using the thirty days of November in this manner. I don't care of what they are grateful. I'm glad they are grateful.

Heck, I may start posting daily gratitude statuses (stati?). Take that, political ranters!

If people need to post something political as their status update, so be it. I suggest they be grateful they live in the United States and say so. No need to hate--just love our country. Be ecstatic that you have the freedom to post whatever you need and want to post...and then, be grateful, not hateful. Utilize your freedom to focus on the great things we have.

Why divide when we have so much for which to be grateful?

Be grateful you poop. There is not much worse than not pooping. Be grateful you are not constipated. If you are constipated, be grateful for fiber and laxatives.  Be grateful we live in a country with indoor plumbing and soft, two-ply toilet paper. Be grateful for food-poisoned-diarrhea because it means you had food to eat... then be grateful you have a cushy toilet in which to expel what needs to be expelled.

Pooping, toilets and toilet paper. See? It is so easy to be grateful.

Crusty old people of FB, please join me in this crusade. We can all play nice in the sandbox for the remainder of November. Say thank you when you flush that toilet. Give thanks when you see those game score posts and the fifteenth photo of the new grandchild. Smile when you read what others are grateful for. Post something positive.

Refrain from the hate. Focus on the great.

Be thankful when I express my gratitude for the comfort of an indoor toilet. Shake your head with a smile on your face when I post about another poop product. Realize that I know what I'm doing when I post sophomoric bathroom humor and recognize the gratitude behind it (pun intended).

Toilet paper. In bulk. Two-ply, stock-piled for use whenever it's needed.

Yes, indeed. Super grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment