Friday, September 04, 2015

Twins of the OCPD

Happy Labor Day Weekend, party people of the Addiverse! May you be labor free this fine holiday weekend. (Unless you are awaiting the birth of a child and you are bitter because you have yet to go into labor. You should labor.)

Good news: Doctor Who returns September 19th--Season Nine is approaching quicker than the TARDIS zipping to a different dimension. I can barely contain myself. The return is even sweeter knowing that River Song will return for a special appearance this season. Be still, my beating time lord hearts! I know the majority of you don't care about any of this, but I'm just smitten with the whole Who thing. Last season was way too short. Damn those British writers who only wrote 12 episodes in Season Eight. (I hear Season Ten might be shorter or even delayed, what with "Sherlock" in production. Ugh!)

On the homefront, we've made an addition to our family. No, no--not a puppy. Dear god, shame on you for even thinking that. No, we've added a person. A temporary guest has been welcomed into our humble, organized abode. Eldest niece is staying with us while she student teaches in the Cheddarlands.

I was a wee bit concerned that the wife, queen of obsessive compulsive personality disorder, might not fare too well during this endeavor....after all, we've never had anyone live with us or even stay with us for any duration of time...

Turns out I was worrying about the wrong person.

See, the wife and niece are getting along quite handsomely. They are two peas in an OCD pod. They are organizing and cleaning and dusting and bonding like there's no tomorrow. They talk about school and teaching and testing and what not. They speak of math and licensure and keeping things in their time and place. The bathroom has never been cleaner. They are just basking in each other's organized glow.

I live in terror. 

Although she'd totally deny it, the wife is giving me the stink eye more than usual. I can tell I am not living up to the OCPD standards of these evil twins. Try as I might, I cannot live without leaving at least some kind of "trail." It's just my way of being. The niece doesn't leave a trail or a mess or any signs of life.

I live in OCD stereo...or, perhaps OCPD hell, where everything has a time and place and reason.

The bar has been raised just that much higher because the niece is performing beyond measure.

I'd write more but I have to go clean up after myself. I see a glass on the counter and my watch on the table. My work bag is on the floor near the door.....

...Come December, I'll remember the terror in which I swim. See if she gets a Christmas present this year.
***********************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment