Monday, September 14, 2015

Chinny Chin Chin

In an attempt to keep myself entertained, behaved and distracted, I embarked on an Addiverse experiment last week. I couldn't write about it until I had scientific data to share....

For some unknown reason, I decided to grow "out" my chin hair and see just how many chinny chin chin hairs were hanging out on my chinny chin chin.

I had no way of knowing how many locks of beauty were hanging out on my chin without this experiment, as I usually pluck 'em as I find 'em. I figured it would take a week. If I can go a month in winter without shaving my legs, I can go a week without plucking a chin hair.

I am here to tell you that I have TEN chin hairs, all of which happen to be hanging out in one location: the left side of my lower chin. (For the record: I tried to take a photo of the chin hairs but it was not meant to be. Every photo I took was blurry and did not show the hairs. I did not have time to find my "real" camera, so you'll have to use your imagination.)

It's nice of my chinny chin chin hair to congregate in one location. Not only does that keep things neat and tidy, it will help my caregiver when I'm 90 and need my chin hairs plucked. They'll be easier to find.

Interestingly to me, they are hard to see from a distance. I thought they'd be screaming and waving and scaring small children by the time they got to this "point" of the experiment. Oh sure, if you are within a foot of my face (why you would be there, I do not know) and the lighting is good, you would be able to see these tree trunks. If you brushed up against my face (again, I know not why you'd be in a position to do so, but let's go with it for scientific research purposes), you'd think I was George Michael. (Okay, your eyes are closed and you're delirious and you think you're in a park in England, THEN you'd think it was George Michael.)

I do not understand chin hairs nor do I anticipate thinking about them much more after I rip those puppies out of their holding place. They do not serve a purpose besides to mark the ticking of time.

I assume that as I age I will grow more chin hairs; after all, these didn't exactly show up for several decades. For now, I will celebrate the perfect ten.

The hardest part of this week long experiment was trying not to "play" with the "stubble." If you have ever had a chin hair, you know what I mean. It's like the thing calls to you..."I'm over here! Let me make you insane. Bwaa haa haa!" When you find said hair, nary a pair of tweezers can be found. You are left to your own devices until those tweezer surface.

Now, I know there are some women who have to shave a full beard, so I'm not complaining about ten chin hairs. God love those women. This blog has nothing to do with that. And, don't you ever make fun of women who must shave because I know some of these women and I know that they are NOT happy about this need-to-shave thing because we as a species are very judgmental about that. So, be nice. It would suck to have a women beard. 

The experiment is over. I deem it a complete success. I'm going to pass the findings to Eldest Niece, as I've informed her she will be in charge of my chin hairs once I'm in a nursing home and can no longer tend to my ten.

Let the tweezing begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment