Monday, July 27, 2015

Addendums: Skinned Standard Standard

Okay, this is embarrassing....

Yesterday, while weeding, it suddenly came to me. I stood right up and exclaimed, "I can't believe I forgot that!" Yes, my "Standard Standard" blog was supposed to include the double standard related to those in the superstar universe. I had specifically been thinking about Madonna vs. Mick Jagger...

....but, I totally forgot that part for the blog, which is rather humorous, considering the title of said blog.

I was going to whine about how sick and tired I am hearing about Madonna "not acting her age," while Mick Jagger, who is a decade and a half older than her can prance around shirtless on the stage and everyone commends him. People don't say the Rolling Stones are too old to be on stage or to do whatever antics they please. When Madonna does things that are provocative in one capacity or another, she is told to "act her age." (Do I think it's fabulous she wears a grill? No. But, I would have thought that no matter her age.) Both Madonna and Mick Jagger are superstars beyond compare. Both changed the history of music. Yet, it is okay for the older men to do what is not okay for older woman to do.

Madonna's--and the Rolling Stones'--ability to shred the competition in putting on a concert should give them permission to do whatever they damn well please. Both have earned the right to act whatever age they want. Madonna's breaking down of barriers and smashing things previously deemed taboo demand respect of those who can do as they please BECAUSE of her. All her antics opened doors for performers of today. Respect to Mother Madge, no matter how she acts at her "advanced age."

Besides, she's a hell of a lot better looking than any of those Stones' men. 

Forget who can sing better or dance better or or put on a better concert. Comparing them is apples to oranges. I'm only noting the double standard. Hollywood, I spit on you.

I'd go on and on, but this is an addendum. So, enough said.

As for the Skinned Addendum, I am sad--or, happy--to report to "my" first group of gravity-tattered friends that "my" second group of friends look AMAZING. Gravity has nothing on these ladies. I did indeed look like a pervert as I stared at their skin. As was the case with the first group, the summer time boating attire featured much bare skin. Group Number two is definitely defying gravity. (Dear god, do you know how many accidental "hits" I'm going to get on this blog for including that descriptor? Four bazillion pre-teens are going to google defying gravity and end up reading about all these old people. Respect your elders, youngsters! Your skin is gonna get cheesy, too!) I'm telling you--group number two's legs did not feature the cheesy wiblet hell holding group one hostage. Although this made me sad--after all, I'm in the cheesy wiblet pile--I was really, really impressed with this group. So, I cannot say across the board that gravity always takes its toll by the time we are 60.

Madonna, by the way, does not sport cheesy wiblets. 

(Neither does the skin and bones Mr. Jagger. He definitely doesn't have any wiblets of any kind.)

Does this give me hope? Of course! Does this mean I'm going to change my diet or exercise or anything? Of course not! Instead, I'm going to listen to Madonna music and celebrate her continued efforts to crush those things of which need to be crushed. Like Madonna says: she was fearless like a renagade...she came, she saw, she conquered.

Standard Standard? Madonna's not worried. Veni, Vedi, Vici, bitches.

Veni, Vedi, Vici. Look it up, you who think she's too old to do what she's doing. Don't you standard standard my beloved Madge.
*******************************
I gotta go back to weeding so I can remember all the other things I forgot.  Happy Addendum-ing!
*******************************

No comments:

Post a Comment