Friday, October 24, 2014

There's no blog like no blog

Last Saturday, I wrote a blog in its entirety. I was excited because that would have been two blogs in one week, something that hasn't happened in months and months.

Then, I read it and thought, "Geez, people will need an anti-depressant or a stiff drink after reading all this stuff. So, I didn't post it.

You can thank me later.

I have gone back and forth about the blog which remains not a blog. It's still not here so it's still not a blog. .

Suffice it to say, as with most of you, there are many things demanding our attention. I find myself writing for the Caring Bridge, to keep friends updated about our friend's cancer. I'm pretending to know how to "run" a church (and, trust me, I have no idea how to do this), as Master Pastor Reiki is unable to do so at this time. I'm speaking at church on Sunday and I have yet to prepare--I'm not sure what is going to fall out of my mouth. I think I blew up the agency's work email this afternoon.

I'm kinda proud of that last one. I didn't even know that was possible. Note to self: do not blow up work email on a Friday afternoon.

Sad to say, I haven't had much time or oomph to watch Dr. Who, look for a new tattoo on Pinterest or even pluck my eyebrows. God knows they are getting ready to take over the world. I haven't even had time to worry about the "E" word (ebola). I know that many, if not most, of you understand this, as you live it. (Not the eyebrows part. Just the time and oomph part.) To get out of my oomph-funk, I've decided I need to do something that gets me out of the house for a "good" reason, a fun reason, a creative reason....

....I've decided that I'm going to take Freckles and Lucy on a "Farewell Tour." Heck, if it's good enough for Cher and the Rolling Stones, it's good enough for our dogs. This is not maudlin in any capacity. A farewell tour isn't always farewell--think of all those performers who retire and then come back to have a final farewell tour. No matter the outcome, it will be fun. The tour will feature stops at all their favorite places and will include visits to their favorite people. I sense many a portrait to be had. I also think many an ice cream cone will be consumed (for both me AND Lucy). There will be rides in the shopping cart at local pet stores, more car trips than you can shake a paw at, a few repeat performances of entertaining antics. I may be able to get enough good photos that I'll make a calendar. Christmas presents! I better get a move on.

If you'd like to see the dogs in specific settings or situations, send me a message. The more creative, the better. There are only a few parameters to which I must conform.

It's settled. I'm not posting the blog that is not a blog. We have a farewell tour to kick-off, email to fix, a calendar to make and a sermon to write.

Take that, non-blog blog. Your darkness cannot stop me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment