Sunday, January 29, 2012

K is for Krave

Look at the dog on the purple box of eye drops.  I can't believe how much that dog looks like Freckles! In fact, I'm not sure it isn't Freckles--that's exactly how her eyes look now that she is blind in one eye.  Maybe she's a cover grrrrl and we don't know it.  Those royalties would help pay her vet bills, so I may have to follow up with this.  (These are not the eye drops she is currently using but if she's the cover grrrrrl, I'll make sure she starts using them pronto.)
 I was going to blog about my spontaneous purchase of "Krave!" cereal yesterday (those marketing geniuses put a ginormous display of this naughty new breakfast cereal--complete with video hawking this stuff right from the display--right in the busiest aisle of the evil conglomerate--even taught the boxes how to jump into unsuspecting carts), but since someone else already did this (and did a better job than I would have), I'm posting her link and calling it a day.  I highly suggest you read this review (after you read every blog entry I've ever written) to learn more about this pillows of sugar: http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/tag/krave-cereal-review/

In case you are wondering, I thought it was an underwhelming experience, I don't like when people use "K" instead of a "C" and I'm surprised they didn't use high fructose corn syrup in this cereal because everyone uses it in everything these days.  I understand why they had to use the "K" instead of "C:" if it were "Crave," it would be a cat food and that's probably not the image they wanted to portray.

I do not like K for C.  Seriously.  Ever.  Why do people do that? It's not klever.

Speaking of cats, which leads me to thinking of dogs (just go with it--I didn't get a lot of sleep last night and I have a head cold, so there is no telling where my brain is going this morning), Lucy is going to a dog chiropractor tomorrow (or, is it a chiropractor for dogs?).  I'm firing up the charge card and ready for action--Money Pit #2 needs some healing and I'm ready to secure it for her.  As you can see in the photo, she is giving a Paws Up to the thought of chiropractic care. Thankfully, her medications do what they are supposed to do: lower the pain, lower the inflammation.  That said, the medications do not solve the problem.  So, it's off to the chiropractor.  I do not think My Beloved Lady Chiropractor is trained to work on dogs, so we'll need to take a road trip to get this adjustment....hmmmm.....I will be checking to see if MBLC does work on dogs and if she makes house calls....

Thankfully, there has not been any screaming, yelping or whimpering this week (well, none from Lucy....I've been kinda whiny and the wife seems a bit yelpish--after all, it's almost Super Bowl time and there is no sight of anything green or gold in the game and that is enough to leave the wife yelpish for months).  Although she still walks cock-eyed, Lucy seems no worse for the wear. (thank you, baby Jesus!).  In an effort to discern what course of action we should take, I utilized the social network and asked my peeps about using a chiropractor for dogs.  The response was overwhelming....and 100% positive.  I had no idea so many of our friends had used a chiropractor for their dogs.   What wonderful stories of help and healing.  Even better--all the local people who responded to my queries noted that they use the same chiropractor that Lucy will be seeing tomorrow night. Who knew?  The testimonies were heart warming and so I am feeling mighty confident this will be of great help.  As the doctor is not in town, Lucy and I will be taking a 45 minute road trip.  I'll leave the wife and Freckles at home this time.  It will be a bonding experience for Money Pit #2 and this source of funding.  I'm hoping to get a photo of two of the experience so you, dear readers, can come along for the ride.

Argo Warrior Princess and Three Hawk (whose dog goes to said chiropractor) gave us some homeopathic drops to give Lucy for her injury....but, I have yet to get any IN to Lucy--I've only managed to get them ON Lucy.  It's much easier to get an eye drop in Freckles' blind eye than it is to get a homeopathic formula drop into a moving target called Lucy.  Since the drops have alcohol in them and since she is wearing lots of drops, please do not think that Lucy is hitting the sauce in an effort to dull her pain--it's just the tinture in her fur that has led to this odor.  I hope the chiropractor doesn't think we've been drinking and driving.

That said, I'm off to drink some coffee (albeit NOT Dunkin' Donuts, sigh), eat some Krave, drop some more drops all over Lucy's face, get a photo of Freckles Warrior Princess so I can prove that it is her on that box and go look for the wife (who was outside shoveling last time I looked)....

....if you see the wife, please do NOT mention football.  Do not mention the Super Bowl.  Do not mention anything that might even remotely be tied to pigskins. If you do say something about football, please deposit $5 in her therapy fund and I'll pour some of those alcohol-based drops into her so she can forget you said anything.....

No comments:

Post a Comment