Monday, December 19, 2011

Holidaze Ramblings


Oh sure, now you ALL want queermuffs!  All you haters have come to realize what a great idea they are and now you are trying to buy some....just remember who got you hooked on these babies....

....Actually, all credit goes to Argo Warrior Princess, as she is the one who introduced me to earbags and Milo. You know, I drank some Milo after dinner tonight--I should have worn my queermuffs while drinking it.  Next time.



Next, you'll all want Poteidaia t-shirts.  I know you're already jealous.  I was way excited when this diddy arrived in the mail this weekend.  For those of you who are not in the know (what is WRONG with YOU?), Lucy's full name is "Lucy, Bark of Poteidaia," so I was REALLY excited to find this shirt.  I like it so much I might wear it on Christmas Day. I know the baby Jesus would give this shirt two thumbs up.

The wife has made it her mission to teach me how to operate the television and the required 756 remotes that are assigned to the various electronic equipment.  I have no interest in such nonsense--I just want to watch football in HD.

Thankfully, the Packer game was NOT on yesterday--it was blacked out by our good-for-nothing cable provider--because had we been able to see it, I might never have been allowed to turn the TV on again. The wife can't take the pain associated with such loss.

We received the BEST.HOLIDAY.CARD.EVER! this week. The wife and I found it so funny that we were literally snorting in laughter. It is not appropriate to re-post but if it were, you'd laugh, too.  Suffice it to say that our creative friends took their dog to a local outdoor nativity scene (you know, the kind with the life-sized statues and a real-looking stable) and placed their dog in the manger.  Their dog posed as the baby Jesus, peering out from the manger.  They snapped a few photos and next thing you know, they have the perfect holiday photo card.  Not just any old photo card--the BEST photo card ever! Genius. 

In case you are wondering (and I KNOW you are wondering), my medical mystery continues.  I've secured an appointment with someone who might come up with some alternative answers, as I'm rather irritated with the traditional medical field.  My doctor refers to my problem as "a nuisance" and that although it is a very real problem and it's something that you can see on a CT scan, there's really not much to do unless I want to take some major drugs (of which I want nothing to do with).  Thankfully, all the medical tests I've had over the past six months demonstrate on thing: I am a healthy, healthy person despite my nuisance.  My test results (all seven bazillion of them) were stellar and for that I am grateful.  I just happen to have this weird, very rare issue.  I've decided that Western medicine has failed me and that it's time for something new, another avenue. 

I'm putting on my queerfmuffs, donning my Poteidaia T-shirt, putting my paws up and taking my chakras on the road.  I'm going east.  I'm loading my one-eyed dog, the dentally-challenged canine, the wife and our four remotes into the car and I'm gonna get me some eastern medicine. Then, I'm gonna drink me some more Milo.  I've got to have a complete recovery by the time Madonna performs during the Super Bowl half time show.....

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I love my ear bags! I've got them in leopard, red, blue, black and...a second pair in black. Sweet! Let's start a cult. No remotes allowed. My parents have a NOTEBOOK so they can turn on their TV. That's just not right.

    ReplyDelete