Thursday, September 01, 2011

Under construction

As I have been notified of my photo use copyright infringement status (read: used photos gleaned from the Internet and used for visual aids in the blogs) and as I am now officially FREAKED OUT, things are going to be under construction in the Addiverse.  I am literally going blog by blog, removing any photos that aren't mine. Since I've been writing since the end of 2005, I've got a lot of work ahead of me. It is a tedious job, but it must be done.  I meant no harm and certainly didn't think my three readers would be a threat to copyrights.  Alas, I am very mistaken, very sorry and, as I said, FREAKED OUT.  (No one wants to get one of those emails.  Now my name is on some list and I don't know how to get it off.  I don't want to be on a list!)

Another thing I am chewing on is figuring out how to save my work, as all my writing is done directly into the blog, not somewhere else and then transferred.  I write it as I write it. This means that if something happened to the blog, I'd be left with nothing.  Some of you may be thinking that is not much of a loss but I figure with the onset of perimenopause, it might help me remember my antics over the years. If any of you have ideas of how to save the entries, I'm all ears.

So, I ask for your patience.  When you get to a post that looks like it used to have a photo or describes a photo and there is no photo, please just smile and nod.  There will be times this is confusing, as I based the entry on the photo.  Thankfully, I used a lot of my own photos.  I thought about deleting all photos but then I'd lose my own and that seemed a bit like tossing the proverbial baby out with the bathwater.

I'd say more but I've got photos to delete.  Remember: Smile and nod, smile and nod.

1 comment:

  1. Ok... here's a way to, rather easily, save all of your blogs: < http://www.metaproducts.com/mp/offline_explorer.htm >

    I don't know if it would be worth the sixty bucks for you, but if you can download everything you want in the 30 day trial window, the matter becomes moot.

    Hope this helps.

    P.S. You're the first wife of a wife I ever wrote to! [I apologize for that preposition]

    ReplyDelete