Saturday, September 03, 2011

Of Chipmunks and Healing

The weeds and ever-growing stray grass blades have invaded the flower beds.  The chipmunks are running amok under our patio, under the driveway and through our drain pipes.  My peri-menopausal Kar-dash-back end spread has people breaking out into karaoke versions of "baby got back." The tomatoes are out of control, threatening to take over the neighbor's back yard. The innocently-placed contraband photos continue to be removed from the Addiverse, one by one.  The dogs are bursting with energy. The wife continues to heal from her back surgery. The annual funnel cake has been consumed. Football has once again arrived and so have the football pools.  The Hunger Game Trilogy has once again been read.  Lady Gaga is no longer in drag.  We are just about ready to go to a fabulous birthday party for a dear friend.

In other words, all is well in the Addiverse.

Since I've got nothing to actually whine about--what a glorious thing for both me and you!--I'd like to ask you for something. I don't usually ask for much from you, dear reader--just your unabashed passion for dribble--so, you know this is important and very much on my mind.  I am seeking healing thoughts, prayers, reiki, happy vibes, shaman rituals....whatever you got, my friends need them.  She remains in the burn unit at a local hospital.  Although she is progressing as anticipated (in fact, a whole lot faster than anticipated--she is an overachiever), I'm sure she'd appreciate a little added "boost" from those who are willing to send those healing vibes.  Because she has politely requested anonymity, I will not offer her name or nickname, as avid readers might actually recognize her via this and I want to honor her anonymity.  This might make it hard for you to figure out who to pray "for," so here's how I think we should do it:  picture/envision/hold an image of Xena Warrior Princess in your mind (or, wherever you hold what you need to hold)...then, just send your vibes addressed to "Addi Warrior Princess' friend who is in the burn unit."  I have no doubt the Universe/God force/baby Jesus/Spirit animal/well wishes will find their way to her.  While you are at it, if you'd send a little love to her spouse, that'd be wonderful, as it's tough to watch the healing process of someone who is in a burn unit.  For her, you can picture Gabrielle, Bard of Poteidaia.  Since I fear many of you might not know who this is (which is rather sacrilegious if you ask me), I've included the photo (my own photo, taken at the Xena convention we attended, so no copy write issues!) of these two characters (Xena is the top character on the banner, Gabrielle is the second in line).  If you need further help with visualization, you can picture me as Joxer the Mighty third in line), as that's probably an appropriate association.  Thank you for your help.  It means the world to me and I know it will make a difference to them.

Enough serious stuff.  Let's get back to the chipmunks.  If you have any idea about what to do about the chipmunks, we are all ears.  Please don't tell us to drown them because I will need years of therapy if we actually drown one.  I watched a video of that and needed a paper bag to get over it. Our friends have offered us live traps, so that might be in the future.  I've tried to envision the critters moving on to Florida or some other far away place, but they seem to be intent on sticking around.  They ARE very cute and I do love to see how they scurry around, but really, they need to go.  We are going with the "coffee grounds and moth ball" route for the time being.

I'd write more but I have to go put coffee grounds in chipmunk homes, remove a few more photos from the blog posts, send a little bit of reiki and chakra balancing to the south and eat some brownies. 

Not particularly in that order.  I do believe the brownies will be top priority.

Perhaps the chipmunks would like some brownies to go with their coffee.....perhaps I need to take some healing brownies to my healing friend and her supportive side kick...

You know, I think I'll make some coffee to go with my brownies.  After all, we need more coffee grounds.  Sigh. I am always making such sacrifices.  One has to do what one has to do.  

Happy Labor Day to all.  Thanks for your help with the healing.   :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment