Tuesday, September 13, 2011



Pause for Paws (Up!)

Before I follow up with my last blog, I want to express my overwhelming joy with the arrival of my new license plate holder. (Yes, I made this photo so no one can legally give me a hard time about it. I am going to copyright all my photos.  I am a genius.) I had to have it specially made, as I wasn't able to find a pre-made little monster frame.  Ah, the little things in life.  I got sick and tired of everyone thinking my plate was about my love of dogs.  I do indeed love my dogs but the plate is about Gaga, not the dogs.  I'm hoping the phrase on the plate frame will help other drivers realize that I am giving a "paws up!" not just giving a shout out to my dogs.  All I want is one person--one stinkin' person!--to drive by and give me a paws up.  Oh, the joy that will bring!

I don't think I mentioned a recent dilemma.  While seated at a party, my friend asked me what I would do if Madonna walked in one door and Lady Gaga walked in the other.  "Who would you choose?"  This stopped me in my tracks.  Choose? How does one choose between the two? I tried to weasel out of it by saying I'd choose both, but she assured me this was not possible.  "Nope, you have to choose one or the other.  Which is it going to be?" I fretted about this, listing aloud the pros and cons to each choice.  "I've been with Madonna since the beginning, she is my age, we grew up together. I dunno if I could betray her at this point of the game. I've been to at least eight of her concerts..." My friend gave me a knowing look.  "So, if Gaga walks in, you are going to Madonna? She's a has-been!"  I clutched my chest.  How could she say that?  I thought about it a little more.  "Well, Madonna's basically a bitch and wouldn't give me the time of day, so it might not be worth wasting my choice on her. She's the better dancer but not the better singer.....Gaga, on the other hand, would be very accessible, friendly, open to an actual conversation.  She's the better singer, she is fresh."  I felt a little bead of sweat start to roll down my forehead.  "Um, Madonna.  No--no, wait! Gaga.  Oh, I think...."  I never did choose.  I think I would pray that Lucy Lawless walk in the back door and I would choose her over the other two.  My friend did not give me that option, so I left the question unanswered.....

......These are the things that consume my brain.


UPDATE ON OUR FRIEND: Today is the day our dear friend is being released from ICU.  Many a week ago, she found herself in the burn unit.  It has been a long, arduous trip for her and her wife.  (I like saying that.  They are legally tied, you know.  I can call her that.)  They kept her a lot longer than I thought they would and certainly a hell of a lot longer than she thought they ever would.  Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.  I know they helped with her healing process.  Please keep those good vibes coming, as she will need all the help she can get as she transitions back home and continues her healing.

XENA MUG: I have decided NOT to use my Xena mug for making microwave mug brownies, as I've figured out that the brownies will be forever ingrained on the inside of her nose. How you lived this long without knowing this is beyond me.  Suffice it to say, the Xena mug will stay in the box and the brownies will be made in regular old boring mugs. 


YO QUIERO BAY OF E: I've learned that the average bidding price for those talking Taco Chijuahuas is $4.00 for three talking dogs. That's not exactly a way to bring in quick cash, nor is it worth parting with my three beloved perros. Worse, I don't see that any of them have bids, so they are basically just sitting there, hoping for $4.00.  As for my Dixie Chick concert t-shirt, it isn't even worth what the dogs would bring in.  So much for the mounds of money via the Bay of E.

HAVE TEXT WILL TRAVEL: As for technology, I've learned that my eldest niece texted 18,000 times last month.  That is not a typo.  Eighteen THOUSAND texts in one month....six hundred a day average.  I didn't even know that was possible.  I would assume one's thumbs would fall off texting that much.  I asked her about this.  She said a lot of the texts are one letter, like "K." (For those of you not in the now, "K" means "okay" in text language.)  Even so, six hundred texts a day?  Forget who has time for that nonsense--when does she sleep?

TOOK A BREAK: I purposefully avoided any and all 9-11 specials and reports on TV.  It's just too much, too depressing. I cannot imagine what it must be like to those who were directly involved.  I couldn't avoid all the events televised during the football games, but I did my best to run away and get a snack or flip to something else when they'd show a NY fire man or police man standing there in full uniform while TAPS was played in the background.  Don't even get me started about that Budweiser commercial.  Just thinking about it makes me tear up.

I'd write more but I have to think about this whole Madonna/Gaga thing.  That, and drive around hoping someone gives me a paws up.

Anyone wann

No comments:

Post a Comment