Saturday, May 07, 2011

Of Ear Condoms & Motor Scooters


With all the nonsense that's been going on in the Addiverse, I've been neglecting my Decorah baby eaglets.  Suffice it to say they are quite large--boy, they grow FAST--and, are keeping their parents busy by screaming for food.  Here's a picture of a proud parent feeding one of the babies--no, it's not blurry....one of the birds pooped on the camera and so now everything is seen through a murky lens. (Those babies can really shoot some poop.  Just sayin.') It's not like someone can go up there and clean it, so we bow to nature and see what we can through the bird poop.  Maybe a blinding rain (blinding but safe for eagles rain) will head through Decorah and wash it clean.  For the record, it is rather disgusting to watch an eagle r-r-r-r-rip some animal product parts off the animal carcass to feed the peeps, but know that this is reality.  I may be able to eat tofu ice cream but in the real word, chunks of dead bunny is the breakfast of champions.

In the frenzy, I haven't celebrated the release of Gaga's second video ("Judas"), I haven't sought out a friend with HBO so I can watch Gaga's Madison Square Garden concert tonight and I haven't been yipping about the release of her new album (slated for May 23rd).  I feel like I've let Mother Monster down, but I'm back on it, so watch out, Little Monsters!

If you get a chance, watch the video for Judas.  Oh my.  Thank goodness Madonna paved the way for Gaga, as if Madonna hadn't, people would be piddling all over themselves about this.  The apostles never looked better--black leather biker gang, with thorn-of-crowns Jesus in the lead. Love, love, love the aesthetics of this video. (I also think Gaga looks good in a bandanna.  I think I might have to rock this style.) Everyone will be busy lamenting over the religious context and thus miss the point of the song--being cheated on three times and still being in love.  Actually, if Madonna hadn't made her 1980's and 1990's music videos, I doubt Gaga would have been able to make this video.  Think, "Like a Prayer" by Madge.....a black, blood-crying Jesus comes to life while Madonna sings in front of burning crosses. Heresy in the day--boring, tame stuff by today's standards.  I love Gaga but know that without Madonna, Gaga would not exist.  Props to the Queen of Pop!  You know I will always be True Blue to Her Madgesty.


If you dont' like Gaga's new song (or, Gaga at all, I suppose), she suggests you wear an ear condom.  At least that's what she says in "Judas."  How can you not love a Holy Fool who is in love with Judas who suggests you wear an ear condom?  So, grab an ear condom and ignore the hype if you must.

You know, I think you need to see the video.  If you start to get nervous or hyperventilate, just keep repeating to yourself, "IT'S A METAPHOR!" After reading the rest of this blog (me first!), watch the video (link below at end of my babbling) and let me know what you think.  I give it two paws up.  I think I'll post a Madonna video, too--for comparison and in homage.

I hate to admit that I've neglected the civil union stuff, as every time I went to mail the invites or what not, the dog and/or the wife would spiral into a deep, dark place and thus I needed to tend to them, not the civil union preparation.  Well, I am back on it and will be sending out the invites soon--most likely later today.  If you don't get one, you can always ask--this is no time to be shy. Due to mounting vet bills and a moment of sanity, I've cut back on the number of invitees, but am always open to including those who ask. (I've probably also lost a few of the invites along the way, as they've been in various locations in the car, in the kitchen, in my office.) If you are looking for some civil union merchandise, go to Book de la Face and type in "got civilized."  You can check out the products for sale (stickers, t-shirts, bracelets) and "like" the site at the same time.  A local woman came up with the idea.  She's using a local woman to produce the wares, so that's even better. Support local business while showing your civilization pride!

Today will be a busy day, as the wife has much she wants to accomplish before her surgery.  We won't be able to go out of town to see her family as anticipated--she can't ride in a car that long.  She won't be able to ride in a car tomorrow to see my family, either--too long of a ride.  Instead, I will drag her around town in short spurts of getting-business-done trips, drive her right up to the door, pick her up right at the door and encourage her to take breaks along the way.  I told her she should use those scooters they have in the box stores....she didn't take too kindly to that idea, so I think I won't mention it again.  But, c'mon--can't you just see her zipping up and down the aisles on one of those things?  Who needs a motorcycle when you've got a scooter? She could get all hopped up on pain killers....wear studded black leather, a bandanna and fishnet stockings while cruising down the aisles of Wally-word....perched on one of their killer scooters, singing "Judas," throwing dog treats, naughty snacks and frozen pizzas in the basket.

Quite the visual, don't you think?

Compare, contrast, contemplate and have a nice day.

Gaga:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wagn8Wrmzuc

Madonna: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA983t3Rdzs

No comments:

Post a Comment