Friday, December 24, 2010

Yes, OB...there really IS a Santa Claus

Ah, Linus and the Christmas monologue. A classic, indeed. Thought I best start this irreverent blog with at least a smidgen of respect to this holiday. "But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid; for see--I am bringing you good news of great joy for all the people."

I swear to you that the event in this blog is true. I couldn't make this kind of stuff up, anyways.

Yesterday, while minding my own business, I received a message via Book de la Face. It was from a high school friend of whom I have not seen since high school....which was one or two years ago. Ha ha. Anyways, I got this message:

"Hi Addi Warrior Princess,
This is kind of a weird post, but I was just catching up on reading your blog and saw your dilemma about the OB ultra. I happen to have a box with just one missing. I don't like OB and would be happy to send the box to you if you want them.
"

I gasped!

As I couldn't believe my eyes, I read the message again. Yup, that's what it said!

A tear came to my eye and I let out a whoop and a holler, scaring the dogs and scaring the neighbors. Someone had OB ultra tampons and she was willing to share them.

OB TAMPONS ARE GOING TO COME TO ME IN THE MAIL!!!!

This is a Christmas miracle!!!!

Apologies to you who are mortified that I am associating the birth of Christ with a box of tampons.

I was overcome with joy. After I was able to stop hyperventilating, I realized I should offer this fabulous human being something for her generous offer. My car? My stash of chocolate? The wife?

Nothing is sacred when scoring OB Ultra tampons.

So, I offered to pay a premium price for both the actual tampons and the postage. Being the angel from above that this person is, she wrote back:

"Really, think of this as pay it forward. I am sure you share of things for people and wanting nothing in return. They are just sitting in the cabinet and I would rather give them to someone who will use them."

Yes, OB....there really IS a Santa Claus!

So, thank you, kind-no-be-liking-ob-ultras-lady. You are an unsuspecting angel in the perimenopausal world better known as the Addiverse.

To the rest of you beloved readers: I wish you a very Merry Christmas, indeed! Ho ho ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment