Friday, September 10, 2010

Carol Brady Gets Her Groove On

I'm not sure about this new blog lay out. I'm chewing on it.....

I had originally planned to write about today's gag-producing, unforgettable work poop incident, but the wife and I are so excited about Florence Henderson being on this season's DWTS that the poop story will have to wait.

Perhaps it is a really good thing a distraction from the poop story came along. Suffice it to say that Addi Warrior Princess may have met her match today. Never once has poop of another made me gag. Today, I waivered. I persevered, but there was a moment that I didn't think I was going to make it.

Back to Carol Brady.

While it's fun to think about Jennifer "I have titanium in my neck/NO ONE puts Baby in a corner" Grey dancing once again (RIP, Patrick Swayze) and I'm giddy with delight that David Hasselhoff has agreed to drag his sorry-ass across the dance floor (someone get that guy a burger and a beer!), what's not to love about a dancing Mama Brady? Carol Brady is about to get her groove on!

Florence Henderson has always been one groovy chick. This is taking her groove to a whole new level. She is uber-groovy!

Let's face it: the matriarch of the Brady Bunch has the DWTS voting locked! Unless she is so bad at dancing that it makes you want to poke your eyes out, she is going to win, because everyone I know is going to vote for Carol.

I know she's rockin' my vote.

Come on, admit it: You watched the Brady Bunch. You loved the Brady Bunch. You wanted to live in the Brady Bunch. You wanted Carol Brady, shag-wearing cool mom that she was, to be your mom. You smile when you think about Marcia's broken nose, Cindy's lisp, Peter's voice change, the pork chops and apple sauce......

ADMIT IT: YOU CAN SING THE BRADY BUNCH SONG. Don't lie to me and say you can't, because if you grew up in America and had a television in your home, I know you can sing that song. "Here's a story, of a lovely lady....."

I hear you humming.

So, my money is on this super-young 76 year old mom of the 20th century......

.....well, unless David Hasselhoff shows up in a Speedo. Then, all bets are off.
**************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment