Thursday, April 22, 2010

Moldy Coffee & Other Such Ramblings on Earth Day

Happy Earth Day! To all you who believe in global warming, may you enjoy this day as you work to save the earth. To all you who think global warming is a crock of shit, may you enjoy this day before all the polar bears drown in the now-unfrozen seas.

Is it wrong that I saw mold in my coffee this morning and drank it, anyways?

Seems I didn't do a very good job cleaning out my recycled Donuts Dunkin' styrofoam cup last week (I save them and reuse them in an effort to soothe my feelings of guilt regarding the use of styrofoam and in an effort to save the earth, one cup at a time). Before pouring in the coffee, I did notice that there was something in the cup but I didn't really take more than a milli-second to look or think--I just poured the coffee in, put the top on (I save those, too) and went to work. Imagine my surprise when I took the lid off and saw greenish mold swimming around in the cup.

As I have no time for such nonsense, I scooped out the offending mold and drank the coffee. My coffee wasn't chewy, so I must've done a good job of getting the big chunks out.

As of this moment, I seem no worse for the wear. I think I shall say I drank the moldy coffee in honor of Earth Day. Besides, it's like taking penicillin, so it can't be tooooo bad....right?

The other day, the news station came to my office to interview me (for the place of which I do not speak). I always keep a "dress outfit" in my office for such kind of things--for those days I'm at the "casual end of business casual" spectrum. Knowing the camera crew was in the parking lot, heading my way, I grabbed my black dress pants, hanging neatly behind my office door, go to put them on....and....forgetting that I have had them hanging there for a year....

They don't fit.

Damn peri-menopause! Damn changing body shape! Damn McD's ice cream!


There was no way I could convince the button to go anywhere near the button hole. I was lucky any of the zipper would cooperate.

So, I did the best I could, considering I couldn't button them or even zip them the whole way.
I kept my hands in front of my zipper area and started talking. Thankfully, they ended up shooting the footage from the neck up and let me sit at my desk.

Suffice it to say I will be taking a different, larger-sized pair of pants to hang in my office.

The Madonna episode on Glee was genius. Of course, my bias as a Madonna whore might be showing, but I think anyone who grew up with Madonna music could appreciate the genius of the episode. I'm not even a big Glee fan--I love the singing, but I'm not impressed with story lines such as the fake pregnancy thing. Sue Sylvester (aka Jane Lynch) stole the show with quotes such as, "A la Madonna, I'll no longer acknowledge that any of you have last names" and "I'm tough, I'm ambitious and if that makes me a bitch, that's what I am. Pretty sure she stole that line from Sue Sylvester. No, really. I said it first."

Genius! I profess my love for Jane Lynch and for Madonnaglee.

If you missed the episode, no worries--you can always go to the Internet and check it out....or, just wait for reruns....or, come over--I have it on DVR. (BTW, I was one of the "smart people" who set the DVR to record the next show, as I figured it might "run over." Ha! All the peeps who "only" recorded Glee missed at least the last song, if not more. Don't worry--I'll share it with you if you want to see it.)

I hear they are planning a second Madonna-based episode--this time maybe Madge will stop in. I'm not sure if a second episode is a good idea--how do you top genius? Genius squared? Uber- genius? Genius gone wild? The only way to top it is to have Madonna perform in the show. Seriously.

WWMD--What Would Madonna Do? She would tell me to stop drinking moldy coffee, to go buy some new pants and to get ready for a Sue Sylvester/Madonna smack down.

I know where my money will be.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment