Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Little Bitty


Little bitty house and a little bitty yard, little bitty dog and a little bitty car......thank you, Alan Jackson.

We've got a little bitty to talk about. 

  Thought you regular readers might like to see a photo of the garden that included (1) the marigolds; (2) the little fence; and, (3) Bitty Bichon (who is much less Bitty now that she has gained several ounces, if not a pound). I think Bitty's a little wary of sitting near the garden, as that "invisible fence" probably still gives her nightmares. I'm surprised she doesn't have "grill marks" on her nose from running into that fence last week.

Freckles is still quite enamored by Bitty, as incredibly evidenced by her willingness to let 
Bitty jump, bite, chase, push, pull, bark at/on her. It's a lot of work for an almost ten year old dog to keep up with a puppy. After a half hour, I usually have to take Freckles home so she doesn't have a heart attack or pass out from exhaustion.

BTW, the garden project is going swimmingly-- the onions are out of control. Score one for me and Garden Grrrrl

Then, there's Lucy. Poor Lucy Bark of Poteidaia. She hates Bitty Bichon. Here is a photo of her hiding under Cheeseball Neighbor/Garden Grrrrl's kitchen table. If there were sound, you would hear Lucy growling. We don't know what happened to Lucy but suffice it to say that Bitty is not jumping, biting, chasing, pushing, pulling, barking at/on Lucy. I'm not sure all the doggy therapy in the world could save this situation. Lucy has a little bitty Little Bitty Bichon problem and there's nothing to stop the madness.
Yesterday, I went to the State Capitol.....in a professional capacity. I went there to lobby for money. Why else does an adult go to the State Capitol? Anyways, I put on my business suit (like everyone else in Springfield--black business suits abound), bought some DD coffee, hit the road... lobbied with the best of them (okay, not really--I'm not really someone who lobbies--I don't really believe in lobbying, but I want money for the place of which I do not speak), grabbed a free bagel and left as soon as humanly possible. Unfortunately, in my hurry to escape the world of politics, I missed a big event--it may be little bitty to you but to me it was big. I missed a politician stand up in front of all her cronies (and trust me, the place was packed with heterosexuals extraordinaire) and announce her pending wedding....to a woman. 

Bet that was quite the announcement. Sheesh! I was in town, I was in the building, I was standing right outside the Chambers. In my hurry to get back home (there is only so long I can pretend to lobby), I left....not knowing what I was about to miss. Now, I have to read about it on the web and hear it on the news instead of seeing it in person. So close, yet so far. To see what I would have seen: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/28/rep-deb-mell-announces-en_n_555592.html 

 I am so not gonna get invited to their bridal shower, seeing as I missed the announcement while being within feet of the event. Bad gay! I'm gonna hafta go get a little bitty bit of therapy along with Lucy. 



  We had some little bitty winds blow through town today.
Okay, so it was a bit more than a little bit windy--it was 50 MPH windy. Unfortunately, Garden Grrrrl and Cheeseball neighbor no longer have a basketball hoop, as it is now in their tree. If you look closely, you can see that the wind was so hard that it literally bent the base of the basketball hoop. (If you look even more closely, you can see Brown Dog's butt & stubby tail in the lower left hand corner.) Thankfully, the hoop fell toward the tree and away from the Lexus. You have to admit that's a mighty wind! .....even more wind than I experienced at the State Capitol....and, that was a lot of wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment