Saturday, March 06, 2010

Full Plate

A week! It's been a week since i visited the Addiverse with you. In regards to that "missing" week, I wish I could say I was doing something fun (like being on vacation, far away from computers) or doing something profound (I was writing my novel) or I was doing something constructive (other than watching American Idol and playing FB Poker) or that I was doing something to save our planet (like working on my compost pile and donating more money to Kiva) or that there had been some huge happenings (of a positive kind) at the place of which keeps a roof over my head or that I had been busy getting spiritual (going to breakfast instead of church does not qualify as getting spiritual), but there was nothing of the kind. Basically, I was lazy and on strike from my computer. I tried to get back on my farm but even that didn't intrigue me. I played a few hands of on line poker but didn't really get excited, even though I was winning. I played a few rounds of that Jeweled Be game but couldn't get in a rhythm. There was nothing wrong. I guess I was just a late winter slug.

On a positive note, many more meanings have been attached to the recently ordered license plates, thanks to the ever-creative parental units. I'm guessing there are 15 meanings to the plates, if not more. Talk about a gem--this plate is going to get the most mileage (what a fun saying to use for such a situation, eh?) out of all the plates I've owned over the years. It blows those other plates right out of the water. We've got age, we've got other people's ages, we've got ages-to-be, we've got birthdays and birth years, we've got events, we've got goals (lofty as they might be), we've got sayings, we've got anniversaries, we've got calories, we've got accidental mathematical equations. Score!

I included a photo of a few previous plates. They pale in comparison to the new plates. I was going to post a photo of me holding some of the plates but the plates kept over-lapping each other (it's hard to hold three license plates in one hand like a fan) and all you could see was my nose between the two hand-fuls of plates.

Spring must be here: the wife took the Mustang out of storage today. This is an annual event that is much more accurate than some lame-ass ground hog. It is its 10th birthday. Until the wife announced the age of the car this morning, I didn't realize Freckles Warrior Princess, Cheeseball Neighbor's Brown dog and the Mustang were all celebrating their 10th year.

Hey, let's make one of the X's on the plate stand for their 10th year! One more meaning! It's out of control!

The Mustang. A thing of beauty. A thing of angst. How can such a beautifully up kept, spoiled, almost unblemished piece of machinery with such few miles be worth so little money? (Almost un blemished....except for that scratch I managed to add last year.) It seems so unfair that a car in that condition is worth so little solely because of its age. It's never seen snow, it's been washed daily, it's been waxed at least weekly, its preventive maintenance has been kept to the day. That's better than I can say about myself--well, I do shower daily but I can't say I've done all my preventive maintenance and I certainly can't own up to any waxing of any parts. The wife would love a new car, but when you've got a 10 year old car in excellent condition with super-low miles PLUS the Mold Mobile (which is worth basically $1.73), you don't get a lot of trade in value...or, even much from selling it outright, so it's really not worth selling. (I have offered to take it off her hands and trade for my car, but she has not taken that offer. I don't understand.) Sigh. Here's to another year of the Mustang....

The new appliances are set to arrive on Monday. I still say we could have lived without an oven. (There is nothing in the license plate regarding the new appliances. Well, not that I know of. I may have to take a closer look.) I took photos of the old stuff so I can share with you before and after photos. Stay tuned! I anticipate a medium-level ordeal, as they have to run new water lines and are installing an over the range microwave. I could live without water and ice cubes shooting out of the frig, too--I'm such a simple, tacky grrrrl--but, I'm sure I'll appreciate it once I have the option of frig water. The wife is already talking about all the projects related to the new appliances and she's already invited people over for dinner the same week we get them. I'm tired just thinking about it.

The only thing happening next week besides appliances? Black.Eyed.Peas! MJagger, Ciabatta bread and I are traveling to the Cheddarlands to see Fergie and her boys in action. It's not Madonna but it will still be fun. (It's a hell of a lot cheaper than Madonna, too. But, Madonna is worth the money. I doubt I can say the same thing about any other performer. Well, besides Lucy Lawless, as long as she is not singing.)

I'm sure my plate will fill up as the week goes on...but, it will never be as full as that new licence plate of mine. Keep those plate ideas coming....although, the prize has been awarded to the parental units. None of you will even come close to all the guesses (and ideas) they had. I think I may have to get them a plate of their own......

No comments:

Post a Comment