Saturday, February 27, 2010

Picked-a-plate

I don't have much time to write this A.M. (the Cheddarlands are calling), but I didn't want to make you wait one.more.minute to learn I have ordered my personalized plates.

I'm not sure it's really a good idea to publicize what plates will be on my car, but what the hell--if any of you are stalking me, you're already stalking me...might as well make it easy for you to keep track of me.

I am sad (or happy) to report that I didn't go with any of the original ideas. (Thank you for voting, by the way.) I just wasn't satisfied with the choices....I like a plate with multiple meanings and the ones I had first considered really only had one meaning each. Not.good.enough.people!

I really wanted to go with something about chocolate, as (1) that is one "topic" that hasn't made it to a license plate; and, (2) I like chocolate almost as much as I like my dogs & wife. But, many of the chocolate themed plates were already taken, didn't fit, were single-minded or just didn't work. I even tried Spanish words and the history of cocoa (or cacao) for chocolate-plate inspiration.

I was sitting at my desk, doodling about chocolate words, when it hit me. I was going about this the wrong way. I was trying too hard, focusing on too specific of things with only single-purpose use. I threw out all the ideas we had come up with (you and me) and started over. Within minutes, I came up with this design. I was so tickled with the plate that I immediately ordered it. (I did have a tense moment after ordering it, as I started to doubt my Roman Numeral prowess.) In a matter of weeks, I'll be scooting around town with these puppies leading the way.

No, I am not going to explain it. I've given you plenty of help here. I may have to have a contest to see who can figure out the majority of meanings behind this plate (the wife and MJagger disqualified for prizes). There are even more meanings than illustrated here, but these give you an idea of some of the answers, so if you are bored today, have already done the sudoku puzzle in the paper and have already captured all the dust bunnies under your bed, go ahead and spend a minute or two of brain power on this diddy. I'll keep my open for a prize to bring back from the Cheddarlands......

No comments:

Post a Comment