Saturday, February 06, 2010

Pick a Plate

Wow, what a week. I feel like a cockroach who ended up on its back and can't flip over.

Instead of whining about how youth truly is wasted on the young, I've decided to focus on picking this year's license plate. Those of you who truly know me know that I waste money every year getting a new personalized plate. It's kind of a sport to me. I admit, it's getting harder because I've used some pretty good ideas in previous years. I've had plates about tattoos, my profession, my education, Xena (several times), my hobbies, my dogs, favorite words, etc. I pride myself on my license plate creativity. It's a pretty queer thing to waste money on but I like it and it makes me laugh and I have to look at it every day so I might as well have something to enjoy.

This year, I thought I'd involve my blog readers--you can vote for which license plate you like best. You are free to suggest your OWN ideas, so don't be limited by the samples provided here. I ask you use six letters and one number, as it's much cheaper than having seven letters and no number. (The number HAS to be the last digit on the plate. Illinois has rules, you know.) And, it has to be all about me. After all, it IS all about me.

If you look above, you'll see where to vote for your favorite plate. You may early and vote often. If you don't like any of the choices, feel free to make a comment.

As for these suggestions, see if you can figure them out. Most of them are pretty obvious; others, not so much. I think the wife could figure most of them out, but even she might have to really think about a few of them. (BTW, I won't be getting "the wife" one. I threw that in there to be a smarty pants.)

I will be ordering my plates next week, so don't delay. The ex-governors are awaiting my order. After all, they need something to do while in prison.......

1 comment:

  1. potholder grrrrl10:48 AM

    I have a personal philosophy about vanity plates, and it is this: it's a bad idea because, should you ever find the need to commit a crime (rob a bank, run someone over, etc. -- these are desperate times, after all), vanity plates will make it that much easier for the long arm of the law to find you. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete