Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday....'Cause that's my fun day....

Thank you to "The Bangles" for the awesome-ness of this blog title. Here's a photo of me during the era of the Bangles. Too bad you can't see the Mullet in a clearer fashion...but, you can see those HOT pants and high top "cross trainers" of the day. Walk like an Egyptian, indeed!

The Pro Bowl is on (before the Super Bowl--how
weird is that), the Grammys are on (opening with Lady Gaga & Elton John--even kinda weirder), my butt is on....the couch. Let's blog.

First, an update on my new tires.
I was SOOOO excited when it was spitting/snowing/icing out the other day because it meant I'd be able to test out my uber-costly new treads. They got great reviews for winter weather driving. I'm zipping down the street, humming and smiling... I see the intersection I turn on my turn signal....I turn right......

....but instead slide.right.by.the.intersection.

Seriously. There was no stopping, no turning. Nothing but sliding. So much for throwing obscene amounts of money at car parts. At least I look good. Those tires are sharp!

(What the hell is P!nk wearing on the Grammys? Dear goodness, I hope she doesn't sneeze! And, doesn't she get dizzy spinning around like that? Do you think she's pissing off the audience while she is pouring water all over them?)

Then, there's the eye booger problem. Freckles' boogers, not mine. She has been making eye boogers like there's no tomorrow. The wife keeps finding eye boogers on the floor, or so she says. I don't know what an canine eye booger on the floor looks like, but she seems to recognize them and is always lamenting about them. The wife also claims she finds these goobers in her car....and, also on Freckles' fur (or, technically hair in her case--Shih tzus have hair, not fur--either way, the boogers are on her paws). Being the tidy dog that she is, she wipes her eyes then licks her boogers, quite to the wife's dismay. (All that licking does get irritating, I must admit.) I think it's rather gifted for a dog to eat its own eye boogers. Lest you think this is an uncommon problem, just google dog eye boogers and see what you find. Her eyes look fine and she is in fine spirits, so she must just be a bit more goopy these days.

Job? Did someone say something about my job? My friend Argo Warrior Princess suggested that I refer to that place "of which I do not speak" as something other than that....the Universe is always listening, you know. As you Addiverse readers know, I refer to anything related to my rumored employment (as if I would ever mention anything related to a job in a blog because that could lead to so much trouble) as something "from the place of which I do not speak." How Harry Potterish is that? (It's confusing to talk about something of which I do not talk about, eh?) She thought something like, "that place that keeps a roof over my head" might be more appropriate. I concur. That place of which I do not speak most certainly does keep a roof over our head....

....even if we do have eye boogers within the residence with said roof.

As for Sunday, that's my fun day, my I don't have to run day......I anticipate a busy week at the "place which sends me paychecks." I'm all good with that and I'm sure you are ready for your week, too. Hope you enjoy your Manic Monday, that your favorite music artist wins lots of Grammys and that your dog (and everyone else in your life) remains eye booger free.

Pass the Black eyed peas--I've got a feeling!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvljD0toJmU

No comments:

Post a Comment