Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Uniform may have changed....

…but stupid plays at critical moments are forever!

Poor, poor Brett. Three teams, three years, three last plays, three interceptions. No wonder he can't retire. How can you retire with such an awful memory? He's stuck with that last throw--an interception, a game lost. 

BTW, I have no idea how a 40 year old gets out of bed the day after getting PUMMELED in an NFL game. I mean, I don't even know how he got off the turf after some of the plays last weekend; how the hell could he get up the next morning? I have trouble getting out of bed after bowling three games in a fund-raiser.
The wife says he'll be back. He'll say he's retiring, give a tearful good-bye, avoid all mini-camps and training camps, hang out with some high schoolers and show up on the Astro-turf right before the season starts. Egotistical, arrogant, shameless--he'll be back. (Her brother, Tommy Hilfiger, says Brett won't be back. Do I sense a friendly family wager?)

The uniform may have changed....but I highly doubt Number 4 has changed at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment