Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sigh.......atica

Is anyone else confused? Adam Lambert's photo shoot features him licking tongues with a woman; NWA airline pilots forget to land at their destination airport (I would have loved to hear what the hell they were talking about that was so intriguing that they forgot they were flying the plane), people pretend to fly their children in Jiffy Pop balloons.....what IS going on around here??


Here's a photo of Fatty Patty (aka Pan Face, aka Freckles Warrior Princess) trying to steal
Brown Dog's food. This has nothing to do with Adam Lambert, pilots or hoaxes, but it's a great photo, so how could I resist? As you can see, the food is not easily stolen, which is good news for Brown dog. It sucks to be short. Thanks to the Cheeseball neighbor & Queen of Connections for texting us this photo while we were at the LLL last weekend. It gave us a good laugh. (BTW, we sense an accomplice in this action.....are those little fingers I see holding up Freckles by the belly???)

Cheeseball Neighbor & QoC were letting the dogs out while we were busy feeding our faces & watching Einsteina get her tattoo during the LLL event. They are supposed to let the dogs out three times a day and throw food at them once a day, but being the dog people that they are (and, being the good, decent human beings that they are), they spent more time with our dogs than they did with their own dog. We cannot thank them enough. Lucy loves this "spoiled dog" arrangement because it gives her unlimited access to Brown Dog's squeaky toys. Freckles would be happier with the arrangement if she could only reach the food in the elevated bowls.....

I got a new hair do today. Although I love it, I'm thinking it's probably a good thing that I was interviewed on TV yesterday, not today. I'm not sure the masses are ready for my fake cherry red, glow in the dark hair. I'm not sure my boss will be ready for this hairdo, either, but I think it rocks. I took this photo of myself so you can see the color. Of course, in person color is always brighter and more fun than some lame camera phone shot. It's pretty funny trying to take a photo in a mirror. I thought it was funnier making sure the camera phone was prominently featured in the illustration. Red hair dye doesn't usually stick around very long, this may be a very temporary look. I haven't had any fun hair for awhile, so it was about time.

In an effort to prolong my red color, I'm not supposed to wash my hair tomorrow and am supposed to wash it only every other day. People will die if I do that, as I have a really smelly head. If you think I'm kidding, call the wife.

My.head.smells.

It's embarrassing. As long as I wash my hair every day, I'm good to go. I can't even imagine not washing it. So, if you see me in a few weeks and my hair dye is still looking bright red, don't get too near to me, as I can almost guarantee I smell like stinky hair.

Sigh. The wife remains in absolute misery. She missed work for the first time EVER at this job and for her to miss work is really saying something. Her hysterectomy was nothing compared to this. She can't sleep, move, sit, stand, crawl, roll or basically breathe without being in sheer terror. She can't get comfortable and the pain is so intense at times that it literally makes her nauseous, cry and shake. I feel so helpless. The pain looks absolutely horrific.

What's the matter, you ask? Her Sciatica is in full bloom, I answer.

I came home from a short trip to the suburbs last night to find the wife in bed, sobbing. The pain was so intense that she just couldn't take it anymore. I slept on the couch so she'd have plenty of room to flop around and groan. I was a nervous wreck, worrying that I wouldn't be able to hear her if she yelled for help. Suffice it to say, neither of us got much sleep. (Well, Lucy got sleep. She was sawing logs for hours. Damn dog.)

I went to work as scheduled, leaving the wife to fend for herself. Naughty Addi WP. Sigh. I highly doubt she had a very good day. Being the good spouse that I am, I spent hours cooking her some comfort food (okay, I went through the drive through at KFC), fluffed her pillows, pressed her pressure points and promised to do things like take the garbage out. It doesn't help her feel any better but at least I'm trying.

Freckles spends her time looking really, really worried. She stares at the bed with a very serious dog look on her face. At this moment, she is in bed with the wife. Yes, that is completely against all our dog rules, but it appeared to be the only way Freckles was going to live through this. She is literally guarding the wife right now. Don't be messing with her, she says.

It appears my beloved lady chiropractor has been of little help to the wife. (This makes me sad. I like to think MBLC can cure everything, anything, everyone.) Actually, nothing has been of help to the wife. Right before I wrote this blog entry, we were on the phone with a friend who talked us through using pressure points to decrease the pain and to get the energy going. Unfortunately, I'm thinking it hasn't helped as the wife continues to writhe in pain.

If you have words of wisdom that will help the wife decrease her pain, we are all ears. We don't have a hot tub, so don't suggest that. Beyond that, I think she's willing to try anything. It can't involve riding in a car, driving a car, standing up straight, carrying anything or wearing real clothes. I can go get whatever supplies are needed, so make a list of things I need to buy and contact me. If any of you are Reiki Masters, I'm sure the wife would be open to the Universe sending healing vibes her way.

Addiverse readers, don't let me down. If MBLC can't help her, I'm hoping you can. Send your ideas....and, make sure to stand down wind from my head.
**************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment