Thursday, June 11, 2009

I See London, I see France....

...I don't see her underpants!

Before I get to the point of Freckles Warrior Princess' successful surgery, the wife's time away from home and the terror I feel when going near the new counter tops, I'd like to say a few words about Keith Monet's missing under pants.

The wife's dear, dear friend is in Paris, traveling solo while the Bichon Boyz remain safely at home. Turns out Keith Monet may have gone to France but her undies (and luggage) went somewhere else. As she put it in a recent email, the airline is saving her luggage somewhere and has not yet decided to give it to her. Being in Paris without fresh undies--sounds stressful to me. I'm sure she'll have some awesome stories upon return. Perhaps her luggage will get home before she will....

Freckles had her surgery on Monday. The dew claw was successfully removed (well, I think it was--she's wearing a little cast so I can't see what really happened in there) and she appears no worse for the wear. The photo above was taken when I picked her up from the vet. Here I was all worried about her....and, she jumps up onto her "car perch" without even thinking about it. Notice how she is posing with her little cast. What a drama queen. When I called the vet to see how surgery had went, the tech assured me the Warrior Princess was resting comfortably and was "pointing" at everyone with her paw. This made me laugh, as that's exactly what she did last time she had a cast and I knew exactly what the vet tech meant. Freckles sticks her whole leg out, raised straight in front of her, pointing as if to accuse YOU of this tragic issue. "YOU did this to me!"

I'm glad to report FWP is doing just fine, although she can't go for a walk just yet. This is very confusing to Lucy, who keeps looking around for Freckles when we are walking; in fact, at one point yesterday, Lucy sat down and refused to move. I couldn't figure out what was wrong until I noticed she kept looking over her shoulder, as if to look back down the sidewalk. It was then I realized: she was waiting for her sister! Lucy must have figured the ol' Fatty Patty (who ALWAYS lags way behind on walks) must have been a little slower than usual. It took a lot of prodding to get her to walk home without her sister surfacing around the corner.

The wife is on the first leg of her annual "tour of Wisconsin." This means the dogs and I are on our own. Usually, I would find this to be a good thing....however, this time I am living in sheer terror. Why?

Because the wife got new kitchen counter tops less than 24 hours before she left.

I don't know about you, but I know nothing about kitchen counter tops beyond how much the wife loves them and how she will kill me if I do anything stupid to them. She tried to prep me via a crash course before leaving but there's only so much you can learn in a few adult-deficit-ed disordered moments. I know not to put anything hot on the new surfaces. I know not to cut things directly on the counter top. I know that leaving coffee in the sink is a very bad thing and may stain the new sinks. Beyond that.....

....I know if I scratch/mar/stain/burn that new counter top while the wife is traveling the Cheddar lands, I'll personally be looking for Keith Monet's underwear in France.
***********************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment