Friday, April 17, 2009

Morally Reprehensible Ol' Me This photo of Freckles wearing potholders has nothing to do with anything except my love for pot holders and that it makes me feel better. I enjoy a good laugh early on a Friday morning. I'm off to Springfield today for a meeting--three hour drive, three hour meeting, three hour drive. It's so beautiful outside (dare we think Spring has sprung?) that I don't mind it at all. 

Update on the Blue Screen of Death: It has officially been slain. I wish I had our money back from the computer place as they did a whole lotta nothing for $200. I fixed it myself. It appears to have been three issues, all of which I figured out with my art major degree and the help of Computer Cook's ideas. (Note to Joanie: yes, a new laptop would have been the wiser choice.) 
And now, I shall speak of how reprehensible I truly am. Fair warning: if you are a Bible-loving person, what I am about to write might be traumatic. Breathe. Breathe. Tell yourself this is not about you (because it's not) and that it was part of my therapeutic process. Know that I love you and that I hope you keep praying for my soul. 
Anyway, yesterday was a tough day. I can't tell you much about it because I do not speak of my job (so I can keep my job), but suffice it to say that if I could and did speak about my job I would tell you about how the "Bible-and-religious-book-giving-co-worker" alerted the upper management about the morally reprehensible (read: G.A.Y.) boss she had (read: she quit). This was quite a shock to me, learning of this from the top dog in the agency and learning it was from this woman who had been quite nice to my face. Thanks for the great exit interview, Bible Grrrrl. Trust me: I do not speak of my personal life at work. I do not have pictures of anything except the dogs at my work. I did not take my wife to the Holiday Party. I do not share my blog entries with them. None of them are my Book de la Face friends. My car doesn't even have rainbow stickers on it. I am basically a non-entity at work (the job of which I do not speak but may start speaking about openly if this nonsense doesn't stop happening). And yet, I am seen--judged--to be morally corrupt. Again. Blapshemy! Horror! 
Well, I was one pissed off, disgusted person after learning of this. I have done nothing except not change--the Bible and religious gifts didn't fix my "lifestyle choice" (yeah, I'm choosing that, asswipes!) and thus I did not change the way the Savior (or, more likely, this woman) would have liked. I've had enough of this nonsense. I did nothing wrong. I think I scared the top dog because I did not keep my disgust off my face. I'm sure I had the Addi Screen of Death written all over my face. 
  I was one scowling mad woman. (Those of you who know my history understand why this pissed me off more than it might others. I don't have time to write about all that nonsense now, so trust me when I say this current episode is exponentially "worse" to me than others due to stupidity in my employment past.) I drove home, went up to the bedroom, grabbed the Bible and all those religious books that this lady had given me (being the nice, open-to-other's-ideas person that I am, the books I had readily accepted from her with a smile and thank you), marched downstairs with that Bible and those religious books in my hand.... ....opened the garbage can and threw them all away. In. The. Garbage. Slam! Slam went the garbage can. Still scowling, I stood there looking at the thing, pondering if I felt any better. 
In true wife fashion, the wife took one look at me, glanced at the garbage can, walked over to the garbage can, opened the garbage can and fished out the books.....and said..... 

At LEAST you can RECYCLE them." She then literally walked the books out to the Recycle Bin.

What a woman! On a side note, Top Dog found this to be an opportunity for Cultural Diversity Training at the job of which I do not speak. I laughed at that but thanked him for the support. I wished him good luck with that, as I am literally surrounded by the most conservative-religious people I have ever met and they are not open to any such dribble about "lifestyle choices" being part of Cultural Diversity. (Any of you who think I am exaggerating about the level of conservativeness or of the religiousity can come see for yourself. I have lots of trinkets to show and one short visit with the staff will send even the most loving Christians out the door.) If I spoke of my job, I would tell you thatalmost every single one of my employees (save one--funny choice of words) have been "saved" and are not open to "things" like me. 
I have no intention of being the poster child for gay bosses. Been there, done that, ain't doing it again. I am out of patience to do it again. Jesus wouldn't have needed a gay boss poster child. He would have said, "Dude! Let's go get lunch and leave this madness behind. You're doing a great job--thanks for the service you provide the community. By the way, how's the wife?" So, instead of being disgusted, I will focus on this beautiful day and enjoy the drive to and from Springfield. I will celebrate the slaying of the BSOD and I will look forward to next week's visit to My Beloved Lady Chiropractor. I will be thankful I have free therapy via this blog. I will be even more thankful that I have such a kick-ass wife. I will have a "Queen of Dairy Extreme Chocolate Snow Storm" on the way home. I will celebrate that ol' J.C. likes me just the way I am. I will try and get a better attitude by Monday. I feel better already. ....If any of you need a slightly used Bible, there's one in the recycling bin--but, hurry! 

The garbage men will be here by 8 AM...... ********************************************

3 comments:

  1. Paula2:49 PM

    Egads. The religious right is neither.

    So, my first thought was, "good riddance, beotch, don't let the door hit you on the back of the head on the way out!"

    My second thought was, "No, no, honey you have to RECYCLE those things!!" But thankfully the wife has her head on strai...er um...she got a level head on her shoulders.

    Here's something you can say (in a kindly, sympathetic tone) to idiots: (and I quote the great John Wayne)
    "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

    ReplyDelete
  2. paula2:54 PM

    P.S.
    Freckles looks FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. eichler1:51 PM

    i guess the religious idiot missed the part in bible class where they talked about loving and accepting people despite their faults (or what one thinks are their faults)

    god, i hate people...especially those who think they are better than others because they have decided that religion told them so.

    ReplyDelete