Sunday, October 26, 2008

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK

I am a nervous wreck.....because 12 hours or so, I'll be hopping up and down like a giddy moron. The time has come for Madonna.

I am a mess. This morning, I stood and stared at my closet because I couldn't figure out what to wear to work today because I kept getting distracted about what to wear tonight.

Yesterday was "better" because I was so distracted by those damned football pools I'm in. It's changed the way I watch football. No more loyalty to one team--it's all about individuals shining for YOU.

Watching football now borders on painful. If you belong to a football pool, you understand this angst. Since I belong to two different pools, I have angst squared. I make my picks early in the week, second guess myself for the next few days, know I should leave well enough alone, go back and make a last minute change or two (like on Sunday morning) and then fret and moan about that change because the original pick I made was the "right" one and my last minute change was a bust.

The wife says you should always go with your first answer on a test. I suppose the same should apply to football pools. Stay with your original picks.

So, I was distracted from Madonna for a few Sunday moments. I kept thinking about my quarterbacks. In the back of my head, a little voice kept nagging me: "Trade him, pick up the other guy!" I knew this might work out for various reasons but I didn't make the trade....until I woke up Sunday morning and turned on the TV (so I could watch the Weather Channel instead of looking out the window)....and, there was the other guy right on the screen. I took this as a sign from the ubiquitous Baby Jesus that I should go through with the trade. So, I went to the computer and made the trade.

Stay with your first answer on the test and not with TV messages from the Baby Jesus. My trade idea TANKED. Ah well, more distraction from Madonna.

And now, it's Madonna Monday. Just like her song "Four Minutes," today will be tick tock, tick tock, tick tock. I go see MBLC and she'll make sure I'm ready to dance. I then just have to get through the work hours and figure out what to wear. I can make it. I can do it.

....tick tock, tick tock, tick tock.....

No comments:

Post a Comment