Saturday, September 27, 2008

Take me out to the Ball Game

 Before I start babbling about baseball, let me share a funny tidbit with you. I've been spending a little time on "mugbook" (I'll let you figure out what the real website is called) and have posted the photo of me and Lucy Lawless on my profile page. It is obviously a photo of Lucy Lawless--well, it's obvious to me--and it's marked as a photo of Lucy Lawless and me, but somehow one of my high school classmates thinks that the photo is of me and the wife. 
Me and the wife! 
So, we have had quite the laugh about this and are enjoying the wife's new fame and fortune (without, of course, the fame and fortune). Someday, I'll have to let my classmate know that no, that is not my wife in the photo. (There are no photos of the wife on the site as to protect the identity of the guilty. God knows where photos on the website can show up. Think "She who must not be named" in a bikini holding a rifle..... 
Today, we are going to a Cubs game. The wife says we are going to a Brewer's Game, but she is sadly mistaken. It's a Cubs game (albeit it is at Miller Park, home of the Brewers). But, since we are going with a group of her co-workers on a "CUBS TRIP" and we are leaving from Illinois and since 99% of persons on the bus are CUB FANS ans since the Cubs are in first place and since I am a Cubs fan and since at least 50% of the fans at Miller Park will be Cubs Fans (there's a reason they call it "Wrigley Field North"), we are going to a Cubs game. 
I am proud of the wife as she is going to wear her Brewers Jersey to a Cubs Game (as well she should), as I know there will be lots of razzing on the bus about her choice of sportswear. I'm not worried--she's tough and can take it. I'm not sure what will happen if the Brewers lose, though--it will be a lonnnnng ride home on that bus. I suppose if the Brewers win, she can gloat up and down the bus aisle, doing a happy Bernie Brewer Happy Dance. 
I love Miller Park. I've professed my love for it in previous blogs, but let me profess it again. I love that place. It never rains, games are never canceled, you never freeze to death, you can tailgate and they have veggie dogs. 
I am all about the veggie dogs. 
The wife is very nervous about this whole baseball thing. She gives new meaning to passionate about sports. She's always on the Internet or watching ESPN so she can keep track of the wildcard playoff situation. I'll be in the other room and I'll hear her muttering about what has to happen for the Brewer's to get into the playoffs. It's too much for my peanut head, so I don't follow along too closely. I need simple, non-mathematical information like, "The Brewers are in the wildcard hunt for the playoffs." Save the math for the cheesehead family emails and let me know what happens in the end. 
So, we are off to enjoy our day at the Cubs game. Last time the Cubs played the Brewers, they swept the series. I'm not getting the broom out just yet as I know the Brewers really, really need to win and the Cubs don't and the Cubs are playing their second stringers, so a sweep may not be in the series' future. But, it will be fun and there will be teasing and most importantly there will be a veggie dog or two. Is life good or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment