Sunday, September 28, 2008

Pups for Palin

Usually, I would be in bed by now, not on a computer blogging.....

....and I had sworn I would not speak of "She Who Must Not Be Named......"

....but, when we came home from "Mama Mia" just a few short minutes ago, we were greeted by an eight foot ladder in the middle of our driveway with a big poster that said PALIN'S OUR GAL (as illustrated in this photo to the left).


I swear to god I almost peed on myself when I saw this political monstrosity of a nightmare in our driveway. (Now, when you see the sign in this photo, it doesn't really look that big,--but, trust me--when we turned the corner to come home, we could see that puppy standing there.)

As I don't want you to miss out on any of the fun, here's a close up of what was in our yard all day:

















This political announcement was retribution for me taking a photo of the neighbor's dog in a Brewer's shirt on Friday and sending said photo via text message while said neighbor was at the Cubs game.

In other words, I deserved it.

We love our neighbors. Not only are they good neighbors and good people, they help us with our dogs and we help them with their dog as needed. This does mean, however, that we have access to each others' houses. I should have thought of that once I saw the "billboard" in our driveway....but, I didn't. I was too busy laughing about the "Palin's Our Gal" sign and thinking about what the neighborhood walkers were thinking when they strolled by this afternoon.......

We enter the garage, me laughing all the way....

......when we find this:

PUPS FOR PALIN!


There were photos of our beloved dogs--stumping for She Who Must Not be Named!

The horror! The horror!

Look at Lucy. She looks sick. I hope she is peeing on the photo of Sarah. She's thinking, "But, Mama--I'm a democrat dog. Please make the scary Republican lady go away!"

Pups for Palin, for crying out loud! And, "Freckles Loves McCain."

This is Genius!

The icing on the cake: little flyers scattered about the house--hockey mom fliers, Portrait fliers, Vogue mock-up fliers......and, the ever popular "Support Blind Hatred of Everyone Different Than Us--Vote Republican" poster.

There was also a defaced Milwaukee Brewer's T-Shirt included in the "assault" on our home.
This was very disturbing to the Brewers-loving wife but made me laugh harder.

The neighbors swear they are going to put an Obama sign in our yard this week so the neighborhood doesn't really think we are all for "She Who Must Not Be Named." But, I say let them wonder. Let them think we have Republican Puppies (I gasp as I write this). Let them think about why the queers down the street are saying "Palin's Our Gal." That might scare a few of them out of voting for her.....

No comments:

Post a Comment