Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Last words on Sarah, On to Tablecloth Art

Okay, so this photo isn't real but it sure made me laugh. The caption?

"What do you call a Republican woman who believes in abstinence-only sex education for her teenagers?

Grandma."

Ha ha.

It is now time for the Addiverse to say good bye to Sarah as I refuse to give her one more shred of attention. For pete's sake, the lady is plastered across the media universe--she doesn't need to be plastered across the Addiverse. Buh-bye, Anti-Addi.

On to me, me, me.

Before I get started, I admit that I am addicted to Jillian, that rat bastard. I've tried to stop but my butt cries out in agony, begging me to continue with my 30 day shred efforts. "Step away from the DVD!" I cry but to no avail. I find myself in front of the TV doing the work-out despite my best effort to remain on the couch. Do you think there is a 12-step meeting for Jillian-addicted middle aged women???

I've been busy drawing on giant plastic table clothes. Really. Well, not on ones on peoples' tables--ones I purchased for a special art project. I am making backdrops for a work-related shin-dig. I thought this sounded like a very easy project, but I am here to tell you, it has turned out to be a much bigger undertaking than I thought.....

First, there is the smell--of the plastic table cloths, of the markers and of the table cloth plus marker funky combination. I have killed about five zillion brain cells snorting all those fumes. It's not the good, fun kind of fumes, either--it's the kind that gives you a killer sinus headache. I think the dogs are in the ozone at this point. (Unexpected bonus, tho: I can't smell the Yeasty Beasty Freckles Warrior Princess with all this plastic and marker stench.)

Second, the markers are not cooperating on the shiny surface. I have to redraw the lines of the lines I have just redrawn. This means it takes three times longer than I had anticipated, which means more dead brain cells. (It would be worth it if I were gleaning some type of high from all these fumes but trust me all I'm gleaning is the said headache.)

Third, it's hard to find room in the Addiverse to stretch out a giant tablecloth without ruining something in the process. Picture me in the kitchen, sprawling out across the counter top, trying desperately to not get marker on the WHITE counter top. It might have gone a bit better had Lucy not run across the tablecloth when it was on the floor (bad idea) and put tiny holes in the plastic.....this meant little leaks of ink onto the white counter top. I suppose this is better than ink on the rug or the new furniture or on the living room table but black spots on a white counter top are rather noticeable. I thought this might lead to major problems on the home front, but surprisingly the wife was rather excited about my black spots--seems she wants a reason to get new counter tops and I am helping her cause.

Finally, drawing on table clothes takes away from my time to blog and fret about the football pools. People, I need time to make pitiful pool picks and time is something I do not have. It also takes away my time with Jillian and you know that is not a good thing. I'm trying to draw and my glutes of steel are pulling me toward the TV. So, please do not take offense if I miss a few days of blogging due to this table task. I'll be finished by the end of the weekend and then all will be back to normal.....

.....well, as normal as anything ever is in the Addiverse.....

........and that's never very normal.



.......................had anyone seen any of my brain cells float by? I miss them................

No comments:

Post a Comment