Saturday, June 07, 2008

You want cheese with that whine?

Holy Cow! Is it Saturday already? And, hasn't it been about three years since my last blog posting? (Okay, maybe like a week.)

I've been busy with many an unrelated thing, including but not limited to:
  • fretting about Hillary's loss (dang that Bill),
  • chasing the various tufts of hairs sticking out on the dogs (dang that bad groom job) ,
  • helping the wife choose the color & type of wood for a new floor (dang that Freckles Warrior Princess peeing all over the rug), and
  • fretting about the Madonna tickets (of which I really do not wish to speak, kind of like the way you are not supposed to speak Lord Voldemort's name in Harry Potter stories).
Before I begin the whine fest, let me just say "Godspeed, Lilypad." (Please refer to my Texas Roadtrip blog entries in Mid-May for more information on Lilypad.) Lily pad died after recent hip surgery. Condolences to her family. (I never did talk about Opus Dei, did I? I'll have to do that someday.) I'm so glad I got to go on that road trip and meet her.

As predicted many a blog ago, Hillary lost because I voted for her. My record stays 100% in tact for NEVER voting for the winner in a presidential-related election. Thank god I was out of town when the vote for Bill Clinton came around--he should probably send me a thank you note. This loss leads me to my next quandary: vote for Obama and make him lose (which is not what I want to happen); vote for McCain and watch him lose (which is not what I want to do because what if it is the time my track record fails me); or, stay home and not vote at all (which is what happened the second time Bill Clinton ran and won). At least I have until November to make a decision.

As for the floor, the wife continues the home improvement process. I am much more excited about a new wood floor than I am about a new kitchen faucet. The wood is going in our front room and will be replacing the gross, pee/poop/puke-stained 13 year old carpeting now growing there. While I would have been happy with just about any kind/color of wood, may I say the Hickory chosen by the wife is especially delightful. She chose it for its hardness as well as color--she wants to get the most durable wood for the price, because she knows me and the dogs and if there is a way to scratch or dent the wood, we'll do it. (At least she doesn't have to worry about me putting dents in the floor from my high heels. I don't wear high heels.) The wife did the "dog toe-nail scratch" to samples of wood, literally dragging their little paws across the samples. She also had me do the "Addi Spaz Test" where I did things like drag my keys across the samples. The ten cartons of wood are sitting in our kitchen, acclimating to the atmosphere in the house and awaiting the arrival of the installer dude (who has yet to show up for any of the projects the wife has hired him to do but it's all good because she hasn't paid him a penny).

Last night, I groomed the dogs faces and I am here to tell you I did a good job of it.
Much better than I did with their poor little bodies. I did remove the giant tuft of hair on Lucy's butt, so she does look less scruffy than prior to the re-shaping. She unfortunately moved while I was straightening out a bit of chest hair and ZZZZZTTTT! A new bald spot was created. Ah well, it grows back and she can't see it....

Finally, Madonna. I am really not at liberty to say much about it and I really don't want to say much about it, but suffice it to say that MJagger is having a moment of sheer terror now that she has reflected on what we paid for the tickets and she has deemed that we should now SELL our tickets. Is this like the Madonna-ticket-roller coaster-from-hell or what? She does have a point about the cost--the floor will cost less than the ticket--but, all I can think is SECOND ROW! We'll see what happens next week, as you know that things related to Madonna in the Addiverse change more than the weather does in northern Illinois. I have the tickets in hand, so I could always refuse to do anything but that wouldn't be the right thing to do and god knows, I want to do the right thing when it comes to Madonna in concert.....

....I....must....preserve.....good.....Madonna.....Karma!

I have listed the tickets on eBay. I'm leaving it up to the Universe. If no one bids, great. If someone buys them, great. I am letting it go.....go.....go.....

.....You do know what will happen, don't you? The tickets will sell and MJagger will change her mind and want them back.

....I have to go eat some chocolate now. (Better than going out and downing a six pack.) I can't think about the Madonna thing any more....I think I'll go shave the dogs' bellies to take my mind off all this.....

No comments:

Post a Comment