Sunday, June 22, 2008

FORE-ty six!Well, look who got new golf clubs for her birthday? Complete with an "Addi Caddie!"

(You can click on the photos and you'll get a close up of the action and birthday gift. Yippee Skippee!)

The wife surprised me this morning by taking me on a mystery trip in honor of my birthday. (We have to celebrate a few days early because I won't be home for the "real" day of birth.) Coulda knocked me over with a feather when she pulled in to a golf course...and, then gave me a new set of clubs. Bonus was that ol' Blue Eyes was standing there, waiting to be the "Addi Caddie." (Much love to Master Reiki who couldn't be there with us, as she is with her recovering-from-heart-surgery-mama way down south.)

What a kick-ass surprise! Kudos to the wife for such a wonderful gift.

Let me just say my last set of clubs were purchased in the mid 1980's and had seen a better day. I think I paid $79 for the whole set (bag included), so you know I wasn't carrying around a Big Bertha or anything. Those clubs were too embarrassing to even be seen with and thus I can't say I've golfed much in the past few years. (And, the last time I truly golfed with those supposed-to-be-golf-clubs was the day before I had my appendicitis. Another reason to get rid of those old, crusty things.)

Last year was supposed to be "Sporty-five" but that didn't go so well with the whole pleurisy thing. Blue Eyes says this will be the year of "FORE-ty six" in honor of the golf clubs. Here's hoping that is a more successful mantra.

Gotta stop blogging. There's golfing to be had!

(P.S. No, Lucy has not returned the stolen squeaky. She is still carrying it around. Sigh. A criminal in our home. Where did we go wrong?)

No comments:

Post a Comment