Wednesday, September 12, 2007

JOXER THE MIGHTY IS COMING TO TOWN!!Okay, so I've been feeling like shit the past few days. I've got this stupid scratchy throat, my hair hurts, I'm hot and cold and hot and cold, I'm not really sick yet but I feel too sick to be not sick....

....and then, the news came to me via email this evening and I have all but forgotten how shitty I feel....why?
BECAUSE JOXER THE MIGHTY IS COMING TO TOWN!
(thanks to alookatjoxer.com for the awesome photos, lyrics, sound waves. Goddess love ya!)

Okay, okay, I know 98% of you have NO idea who Joxer is let alone how to say his name. (It sounds like Boxer, although I like to throw a little "st" sound in there, like jock-ster. Nonetheless, he IS the Mighty. ) Joxer, aka Ted Raimi, is a major/minor character on Xena. I hate to admit it, but I have a powerful passion for this mess of a man and I've always thought he'd be great to see at a convention. Ted is a comedic genius and there is not much I like better in the world than slapstick comedy in a Xena episode. (He also can play the straight man, but I'll take him blowing up his face or tripping over his own feet...) You may have seen him in the
Spiderman movies--he has some "a bit more than a cameo" parts in those movies and I can't look at him without thinking, "hey! there's Joxer!" If I were going to dress up as a Xena Character (and I won't be doing that for the convention, but if I WERE to), I'd dress up as Joxer. Bet you wouldn't have guessed that.

So, imagine my excitement when Creation Entertainment sent out today's email saying that Joxer would indeed be one of the stars at the October Chicago Convention.....
It was like Lucy took me to her bosom and all was
wonderful in the world!


Joxer has his own little songs on the show. At times, I find myself walking down the halls singing the little diddies, catchy as they are. It's not the same without hearing the melody, but I like him and his songs so much, I am so going to post them below.

(Side note: You can type in http://www.alookatjoxer.com/sounds/song/illusiav.wav and see if it brings up the song, but if it doesn't, call me and I'll sing for you.) or, if you would prefer I didn't sing, enter http://www.alookatjoxer.com/joxdolls.html and make paper dolls of Joxer the Mighty!)Don't you just want to dress Joxer up? I do!

By the way, I think having Ted Raimi come to the convention is the Universe's way of apologizing to me for all those car repair bills. "We're sorry about all those bills. Have Ted with our condolences." Hey, I can take the bills if the Universe is going to give me gifts. (Hey, how bout a monetary Lotto gift to go along with my Ted Raimi siting???!!)

Anyway, here is his song. Trust me, it's funny. Or not. Sing it with me!

He roams through the countryside;
He never needs a place to hide.
With Gabby as his sidekick
Fighting with her little stick,
Righting wrongs and singing songs,
Being mighty all day long
He's Joxer . . . he's Joxer the Mighty!

Ohhhh . . .
He's Joxer the Mighty,
He's really tidy.
Everybody likes him
Because he has a funny grin.
Joxer the Mighty,
He's very tidy.
Everyone admires him.
He's so handsome it's a sin.
If you're in jeopardy
Don't call the cavalry.
There's a better remedy
(Although he doesn't work for free).
He's every man's trusty,
He's every woman's fantasy,
Plus he's goo-ood company.
He's Joxer...
I'm Joxer the Mighty!

Blood...valour...and victory! Ha-ha!
Joxer the Mighty,
He's very tidy.
Everyone admires him.
He's so handsome it's a sin.
When things get grim
He'll take it on the chin.
If you're in jeopardy
Caused by the enemy
Don't call the cavalry.
There's a better remedy
(Although he doesn't work for free).
He's every man's trusty,
He's every woman's fantasy,
Plus he's goo-ood company.
Look out! He's Joxer...
Joxer the Mighty!

I really AM a great, big nerd!

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say WHAT A GREAT post!!! Wish I had been there. It is nice having Lucy's boob against your own, isn't it Heh heh...xX

    ReplyDelete