Sunday, September 09, 2007

Sunday Snippets

The dreaded P.P.
I don't know how to tell you this, but I have a dreaded case of "P.P."
What is "P.P.?" you ask.
Why, it's the dreaded Pleurisy Pounds.
(Here I am smiling BEFORE I discovered the dreaded P.P.) Since I've been able to do nothing but eat and sleep while recovering from my Pleurisy, I've managed to pack on a few extra pounds. This does NOT entertain me or my suddenly-tighter pants. Worse, I think the weight is re-distributing itself into my triceps and outer thighs....I thought getting a little more sporty might help but there isn't much I can yet do without fear of re-injuring my dainty pleura...so...

DON'T BUG ME:
.....I thought I'd do a little gardening today, as it's beautiful out, by I am here to tell you that the mosquitoes are out in full force and they are HUNGRY. There are so many of them that they look literally like moving black clouds rising from the the shrubs. And, they are BIG. I swear I saw one pick up Freckles right off the lawn. I gave up after only being outside for 20 minutes. Now that it has finally stopped raining, the bugs are out in full force. Poor Middle Niece is like a mosquito magnet--she gets bit five times for every other humans one time and she puffs up with these awful welts....but.....

FUNGUS AMONG-US:.......I did find the most disgustingly large fungi in the garden during the few minutes I was out there. In fact, it was so large that I made the wife go get the camera. It's not as cool as the stinkworms or or stinkroot or stinkshrooms or stink whatever those were last year, but this was pretty cool. It smelled mushroomy, too so that was kind of interesting. The first one I found looked like a giant gray butt (as illustrated above). Others I found looked like smaller broken rocks (as illustrated below). But even a giant fungus amongus could keep me outside, so I came in and....PRAISE JESUS, HOT-LANTA!
....I decided to go on line and find out a bit of info on where the wife's baby sister has gone on her one-year mission. Really. Baby Sis is hanging out in the ghettos of Hot-lanta as part of a year long mission-ship. I was kind of skeptical about the whole thing, but once I checked out the website, I felt a whole lot better about it. I then "Google-Earthed" her apartment's address, but I can't really see much except that she's not far from the old Olympic Village and she seems to be near a lot of railroad tracks. The wife's mom wanted to know if we could see if Baby Sis had air conditioning. Um, no we can't see THAT much detail. I am going to set a link on this blog so we can keep track of the weather in Hot-lanta, as the wife is always asking me about this. If I put the link on, I won't have to wonder--I'll just point her to the blog. So, if you see info about the weather in Hot-lanta on this blog, that's what it's all about. Jesus and Baby Sis. But, before I get around to doing that, I go on to check out my football picks....

R U READY 4 SOME FOOTBALL?
...but come to find out that I must have been having an out-of-body experience when I made my picks, as I am in last place, losing to even three people in the pool who auto-generated (random) their picks. Alas, I absolutely love football pools, even tho I tend to REALLY suck at them. I even squeaked in to Bony Spur Man's family fantasy football pool (Bony Spur man being my father--let's call him BSM for short) for more humiliation. I have fun making my picks but I don't really know what I'm doing. Ah well, I still like to talk smack and tease others. My goal this year is (1) not to come in last place in my annual pool (I'm the commissioner, for pete's sake--you'd think I'd know something); and, (2) to beat BSM in his fantasy pool (which will most likely not happen but it will give me fodder for family gatherings).....as my scores continue to spin downward, I decide there is only one thing left to do this Sunday evening....

JOXER, GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY APPLES:
....and that's to watch two more Xena episodes. I am SO far behind in this department, I should not even bother sleeping before going to the convention the first weekend in October. I will be watching a minimum of two episodes per day. I'd try and sneak in a few at work, but I think the client's might notice if I were peeking at a computer screen when I'm supposed to be listening them in counseling. If I make this Xena-watching sound like a chore, it is because it is--it's like a job. A very serious job. (That comment about the apples is from one of my favorite episodes, "Animal Attraction," Season 5...the episode where we learn Xena is mysteriously pregnant. Trust me, the apples thing was funny in context.) At least I can still watch Xena when I am having pleurisy pounds....

....and thus endeth another weekend. Watch out, BSM, I'm coming to get you!

No comments:

Post a Comment