Thursday, August 23, 2007

Cliff notes from the Addiverse

Has it really been since August 16th since my last post? Geez, time flies when you're having pleurisy.

Xena Convention Update:
The actual problem is this: one hundred and thirty four Xena episodes with only six weeks before the Xena Convention. The limited amount of time means I must cram at LEAST one Xena Episode per day, which limits my free time to do other things. I am going to have to figure out a better system to get those episodes "consumed" before October 5th. I didn't just want to watch them from start to finish, as I've seen all the oldest ones more than several times. My new approach is this: Watch the 10th Anniversary Box Set (16 of the top episodes, as voted by the fans), followed by seasons 4, 5 and 6. After that, I'll probably watch seasons 1, 2 and 3, not that you really care. (You know, I just realized I don't have any Xena-related tattoos.....)


News Bulletin: The Sporty Five Theme for this year has been canceled.
After all, if you can't even do push ups without ending up in the emergency room, you should not have a sporty theme. Besides, I aggravated the injury last night when carrying some scrap booking stuff. How embarrassing is that? I have been SOOOO careful not to carry anything and I carry a bit of scrap booking stuff and re-injure my chest muscles. Pisses the poo right out of me.


Thank your big hearts and bigger wallets:
I am so touched by all of your generosity & thoughtfulness. Our Friend O'Del is yet to return home (last report was that there was $10,000 of mold waiting to be removed) but she remains in good spirits. Master Reiki and Blue Eyes have been the hostesses of the mostessess, even providing O'Del with some wheels the past weeks. The O'Del fund
is in the thousands. You read that right. I am proud to say that 99.9% of folks I contacted contributed money. Some of you don't even know O'Del but that didn't stop you from providing donations. Why, my own Wild Mama and Favorite Sister made very generous contributions to the cause. What women! Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you. You have made a profound difference in her life. That money can easily be put to the mold task.....now, if would only stop raining!!!


Football Season is back upon us
. That means the wife is busy worrying about the Packers AND the Brewers at the same time. It's a painful tradition in the house, with the wife lamenting about every Packer move. I'll just stick to watching Xena episodes and running the football pool at work. (Of course, we do NOT play for money. That would be illegal gambling and I would never do that at work.) The wife is predicting a .500 season for the Pack. I'm hoping for better or that will mean 1/2 of the weekends this fall will be VERY sad. I'm not ready for that. The Brewers season is giving her enough indigestion; I'm not sure she'll be handle both teams at the same time. Pray for her poor, cheese-filled soul.

Okay, so that catches you up to the Addiverse Happenings. Now, get out of my way--I have to watch two Xena episodes before I go to bed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment