Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Vacationing at the Shell Station

(I really wanted to use yellow lettering for the title of this blog entry, but yellow is just a lousy color to read. So, go with the orange. It's kinda yellow.)

Thanks to my"Dave Ramsey total money management diet" and Governor Blagojevich's arrogance (is he somehow related to George W?), the wife and I are on a VERY tight budget this summer. So, we've decided to schedule our summer vacation.....at the new Shell Gas Station in the neighborhood.

(Side note: If I don't get paid anytime this summer--or even late this summer--or never--because "Mr. Love-my-hair-I-want-to-be-President- pompous ass" (who makes me embarrassed to be a Democrat) is too busy styling his hair instead of working on the state budget, I'm going to be very crabby. And mean. If I can't buy my daily pound of chocolate, I won't be responsible for my actions. God, I hate politics. I hate politicians more. I really don't like politicians that hang up my paycheck. Don't come crying to me when there are hoards of mentally ill people camping out on your lawn, pee wee.)



Back to our vacation. Oh, this isn't just ANY Shell Station--this is the world's nicest Shell station. It's like going to the spa--only closer to home and cheaper. I'm not kidding when I say the wife goes there to use the bathroom because it's so nice. Beautiful, shiny planters, kick-ass (and expensive) landscaping, stainless steel garbage cans, aesthetically- pleasing brick and rock work, spa-like lighting, silent, tinted sliding glass doors, calming adult contemporary rock lofting above the masses, feng shui-inspired interior...GRANITE COUNTER TOPS....tiled bathroom walls and floors, custom hard wood floors.....a car wash with WINDOWS...I'm telling you, this is right up there with the Miravel spa we went to from Oprah. This is the TAJ MAHAL of gas stations!

Here's the rainbow that glows over the Shell station in the early morning dew.....I hear the choir of angels singing to me: "Come to the Shell." See? It's not just a regular gas station-- it's the double rainbows of gas stations.

I think the wife should apply for a job there because she goes there every day--if not for a car wash, then for a smoothie. (Actually, if I don't get paid, I'll be the one there applying for the job. Ugh--don't get me started again. Do I get an employee discount???)

This brand-spanking-so-called gas stations by far the nicest gas station I've ever been to....and, I've been to a lot of them all over the United States. The Corner Market is the perfect vacation spot as (1) they have my bank's ATM machine; (2) they serve chocolate AND coffee; (3) the wife can get a car wash every hour on the hour. I'm sure there is plenty for the dogs to do, too. I have no idea if they have high or low gas prices, as I've never been there to purchase gas. We've heard that it cost 2.5 million to build the place, but I'm thinking it must be more than that. Heck, the fieldstone on the building looks like it costs more than that.

I can't tell you how many times the wife has said, "I'll be right back--I'm running to the car wash" in the past three weeks.

I wanted to take photos of the station but I thought they might think I was some weird psycho felony-seeking robber casing out the joint. You have to see it to believe it. Maybe I can get some photos while we're vacationing there and I can post them in a later blog.

This is what our life has come to be: hanging out in gas stations. Heck, the Rockford Thunder aren't in town--we have to do something with all our free time.....

Hey, on a completely different note, I'm happy to say I'll be going to a Chicago Sky Women's Professional basketball game this weekend, so that will take my mind off of hair-impaired governors. And, it's the Warrior Princess' 7th birthday, so "Happy Birthday, Freckles!" Hope it's not a snoozer......

No comments:

Post a Comment