Thursday, May 24, 2007

Muskrat Love...

The Year: 1976

The event: Eighth Grade Graduation

The Hair: Captain and Tennille

The dog: Rainy

The dress: Priceless.

Since it's that time of year (when young people process down the aisle, Pomping and Circumstancing or circumcising or whatever it is they do), I thought I'd give everyone a laugh by sporting a photo of me in my eighth grade graduation outfit.

Since my graduation was in June, I am assuming it was very hot to wear such a dress. Uuhhhhh-gah-leeeee! Let's face it--the dog looks much better than I do. Only worse than this dress is the fact that "Muskrat Love" was at the top of the charts in the mid-seventies. Who sings about Muskrat Suzie and Muskrat same and can make a zillion dollars while doing it?

Flashback: What was Tennille's first name? The Captain's?

On another subject, I forget that my mama (aka wild mama) used to be the queen of fast food soda-making. (Refer to previous blog about McDonald's coke products.) Um, my father, aka Taco Juan, was the king of soda making, too but since it's the mama that reads the blog regularly, all credit goes to her. Wild Mama writes, "Read your blog -- it's true, the colder the syrup in the lines is, the better tasting the soda will be. When I worked real early at the bowling alley and would go take some soda, no matter how much ice you used in the cup, it was really awful. Fill the bin with ice, let the lines get good and cold and you had drinkable cokes. At the mall we used to leave the bins filled with ice all night just so the lines stayed cold. The Macky Dee man wasn't just joshing them."

What the mama says, goes. So, ice your lines and drink your fill!

As for American Idol, the wife literally jumped off the couch and screamed "YES!" when Jordan was announced as the winner. Scared the bajesus out of me. The wife had a tear in her eye, too. It was a touching moment, but....

As for Dancing with the Stars, I am all about Apolo winning, although I was really pulling for my girl Laila. Sigh. She couldn't match what Apolo threw out there in the freestyle dance. My condolences to TV Mags who thought Ian would win. We were all wrong. BTW, Just so you know, Apolo stole my dance moves. Who do you think taught him all that? His dancing partner? Hell no! It was me!

And all this time you thought I was at work.....

....Finally......Toni and Darryl. But, you knew that.

No comments:

Post a Comment