Tuesday, November 07, 2006

God Bless America
Well, I certainly have never seen a picture of Uncle Sam giving the finger before, so I thought I'd include it in my very patriotic-let's-get-out-there-and-vote blog.

There I was, trying to vote for my Green boyfiend Rich Whitley when I thought a fight was going to break out at the polling place. Voting has never been so exciting! Seems the elections board or whoever is responsible for the whole this-is-where-you-go-to-vote people screwed up and sent a bunch of letters to voters to go to the wrong polling place. I usually vote at a Baptist church, of all places. But, since the church is having some kind of big shin-dig, the wife and I got letters telling directing us to a local hotel to vote....

Unfortunately, for some voters, they too got the letter but weren't supposed to...and, this hotel is in the boonies of our town. Thus, angry voting man became irate when finding out he was definitely in the wrong place despite the letter sent to his house. Those little old ladies (and I do mean old--the average age of the polling place people was about 105) were in a tizzy. Here's this guy, frothing at the mouth, screaming at them (like they had anything to do with it), demanding this and that. I thought he was going to hit someone he was so hopping mad.

I guess he must be VERY passionate about this whole voting thing. 

Those little old ladies were on the phone, shaking while trying to dial the number of someone to help them with this man. He's yelling about how all these people are going to start showing up because of these @!##@% letters and they are going to be VERY MAD. I was never so glad to vote and get out of there.

Speaking of voting, I got to fill out a paper ballot. None of this computer-fraud-crashing thing for my polling place. I was glad to know my vote for Mr. Green Party would be counted.

Green party? Yes. It allowed me the glory of not having to vote for the guy who was doing drugs with his male prostitute friend. Oh wait, that was a different state. I hope that wasn't actually on our ballot. Not that that wouldn't be true in this great state of ours. Our governors are more likely to end up in prison than anywhere else.

I think I'm much more excited that those stupid campaign commercials will be over than I am over voting. One more negative ad and I might have exploded. The governor and his opponent are both morons, slinging mud like it's going out of style. Like I want to vote for either one of them. I don't understand the whole mud slinging thing. Why? why must they do this?

Green Party. It's definitely better than picking between two evils....those two big politics politians can sling mud from here to eternity. I'm getting out of the way. Go Green Party!

I'm sad to report that I forgot to pick up "I voted" sticker to wear today, so you'll just have to take my word for it that I fulfilled my patriotic obligation. Hope you did, too....

....and, hope you ended up at the right polling facility, be it a church, hotel or brothel.

No comments:

Post a Comment