Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween Crabbing....GRRRR!

BOO! Happy Halloween! (See that rabid squirrel? The one above, that doesn't really look like a squirrel? That's how I feel today. GRRRRR! Get out of the way!!!! Soon, I'll be frothing at the mouth. You have been warned.)

I was going to write about the "Great Snowblowing Disaster of 1998," but I'll save that for the next blog entry. I promise you will be VERY entertained by that story...

....in the meantime, I'd like to say a few words about Rush MORON Limaugh--as "Blue Eyes" said at her recent dinner party, he's an "Oxy-moron." (Get it? Oxycontin addict? Moron? Oxy-moron? I thought that was pretty clever of her.) Anyone who is STUPID and RUDE enough to say Michael J. Fox is FAKING his symptoms of Parkinson's Disease in an effort to secure votes for the Democrats is ONE SICK PUPPY. Take another pill, Rush and SHUT UP! YOU ARE A JERK!

Since I'm on the topic of media-related things and I'm already in a surly mood, may I add my two cents about the Madonna-adoption-fiasco? For pete's sake, if Madonna wants to adopt someone from some country where everyone is dropping dead of AIDS and she's been raising all sorts of awareness (and money) for AIDS for as long as I can remember and she's been planning this for a decent amount of time, LEAVE HER ALONE! (Spoken like a true Madonna addict.) Her concert featured an entire video and song about the plight in Africa. It's not like she just woke up one morning and said, "Gee, Guy---let's go out and buy an orphan today."


Shoo! I feel better already....

For those of you keeping score: No, I still do not look like Lisa Rinna; I am still limping from my football injury; Hotdiggity Dog's anal glands are still intact; the new leafblower is fine; the wife and grrrrlz (aka Freckles and Lucy) are adjusting to the time change; the person who walked off the job last week returned yesterday; and, no one is pregnant at work. It's Halloween and that's a good thing. How can you have a bad day on Halloween? (Well, unless you eat too much candy or you get a candy bar with a razor blade in it?) I feel better knowing it's one of my favorite days of the year. When else can you dress up like a rock star or a vampire or Spongebob or your spirit Guide (Hi, Grover!) and not get too many stares for doing it and get handed candy for FREE???? Do any of you remember "Trick or Treat for UNICEF?" I think me, my sister and my cousins are the only people on the planet who remember this. We went house to house with our little orange UNICEF boxes and asked for pennies along with our candy. How worldly and ahead-of-our-time was that? (We probably financed an orphan or two for Madonna to adopt with all those pennies we collected. Kidding.) Does anyone still Trick or Treat for Unicef? I hope so! Maybe I should get one of those little orange boxes and go door to door tonight. If nothing else, maybe I can get some free candy....

No comments:

Post a Comment