Sunday, May 07, 2006

Spring has Sprung

Ah, Spring. Grass growing, trees budding, allergies sneezing, dogs licking their parts all night. Only we could have two dogs that are allergic to grass. If they spend more than three minutes on the lawn, they spend the entire night itching and licking and scratching, which drives the wife crazy and pissy and then everyone is crabby and sleep deprived. It is kind of disgusting, with all the loud slurping noises. I can easily sleep through the hub-bub, but the wife can't, so that means I can't. Here's Lucy hiding under her bed padding so she can lick her privates in private:On a happier note, the yard looks fabulous, thanks to the wife's very green thumb. I thought I'd share some photos of the spring scene around the house. The first photo is of my favorite tree, as donated by "nicest people on the planet" S&A. Eleven years ago (can you believe we've been in this house for 11 years?), they gave us a twig to plant. I'm not kidding--it was a STICK! Now, it's taller than the house and it's great b/c every time I look at it, I think of them. It may not look at that big to you but it is big to me:


Photos taken by me don't do justice to the beauty of the flowering trees around the yard, but here's a peek at the foilage:

Above: That's a photo of St. Francis hanging out in the Yuccas. We had to hide him this year as last year someone stole my statue. Is that low or what? Someone is gonna have one terminal case of bad karma for that deed. I'm not sure he likes it in the yuccas but that's how it has to be. I love the yuccas, so he'll grow to love them, too.


Finally--lest we forget about Mr. Winkle...here's a photo from www.mrwinkle.com. Yes, that's a real dog. I love Mr. Winkle and haven't said anything about him for awhile, so there he is, ready for a spring outing with the family. I don't know who the baby is but she looks pretty happy to be in the Winklemobile. All credit for the photo goes to the Mr. Winkle lady.

How can you not just love Mr. Winkle? I'll bet he's not allergic to grass and doesn't lick his parts all night....

No comments:

Post a Comment