Sunday, December 14, 2014

Blue. Bird.

This is a quickly little blog of synchronicity, of getting a sign when asked, of a bird who is blue.

Last week, the wife and I were talking about when we would "do" what we needed to do in regards to Lucy's quickly failing health. Although I knew the answer was "now," the wife was yet to be convinced. Who can blame her? 

The wife said, "I need a sign. Let's ask the Universe for a sign."

Without thinking, and certainly with no reason to say anything of the thought, I blurted out, "I will see a blue bird."

To clarify, I didn't mean a bluebird. I meant a bird that happened to be blue.

I said it and I was done with it.  Without further comment, I went to sleep.

The next morning, I got up and started my day. I had totally forgotten about the whole blue bird thing. I started my coffee, then realized I had to send out three birthday cards lest they be late. I pulled out the pile of cards.

Wouldn't you know it that the first card I pulled out was this:


I don't even remember buying this card. It had to months and months ago. I couldn't believe it.

I looked at the wife, then held up the card. The Universe had answered. Thus, I made the call to schedule an appointment with the vet. After all, there is no arguing with the Universe.

Blue birds of one sort or another spent the day showing up in my life that day. Heck, a blue bird sprung out of the Christmas carol I happened to be singing. It seemed rather telling that, "gone away is the blue bird" The less I looked, the more I found. I assured the Universe I heard its answer.

Not surprisingly, I continue to see blue birds. I thank her for the signs. I figure she'll keep showing up this way. In fact, she spent the week after her death bombarding me with blue birds.

What a great, great thing. Who can be sad when there are blue birds all over the place?

Today, I will be happier than a BLUE bird with a french fry.....

....you know, our little blue bird of a dog loved french fries. Just sayin.'





No comments:

Post a Comment