Saturday, January 18, 2014

Shaking my tailfeather

First, a haiku for Spotted Owl (she knows who she is):

Oh ankle, foot, leg,
stitched, bruised and painful,
thoughts of healing quickly, friend.

There's nothing like a haiku to start your day.

And, there is nothing like a artsy x-ray to follow a haiku.  You can't see my tail bone fracture in this photo but you can enjoy the poop and hips. Hips don't lie, you know. I hope to got that's not a tampon in the photo.
Well, well, well. I never thought it would happen, but I think it is in the works. My Beloved Lady Chiropractor (MBLC--we're flashing back a few years ago here) MAY be....dare I say?....in danger of being replaced?

Sacrilege! 

I decided to shake my broken tail feather at a new chiropractor's office, seeing as my MBLC moved to South Carolina, leaving me sad and lonely and unadjusted. The wife is very against chiropractic care, so she was skeptical and concerned about my decision to once again seek the cracking of various body parts, especially in light of my injury. I'm all good with chiropractors and know that MBLC helped me immensely. I would have let MBLC crack anything she wanted.

The biggest problem I had is figuring out where to find a new chiropractor that would do the job and that I could trust. The bar was set REALLY high by MBLC so I wasn't exactly teeming with confidence. I did see a chiropractor last year but it was nothing in comparison to MBLC; in fact, I usually left there feeling sad and depressed instead of energized and whole. I asked around and decided to check out the doctor who Master Pastor Reiki sees.

Imagine my surprise when the chiropractor comes out to meet me....and, I  know her!

She stops, looks at me and says, "Do we know each other?"

I look at her, confused--stare for a second, then laugh. "Oh dear god--we worked together at the (insert town here) Park District!"

She laughs harder. "I KNEW I recognized your voice!"

My voice is rather recognizable, I must say. Loud. Nasal. Chicago.

My confidence level shot through the roof. This lady was a great employee, an amazing athlete, smart as a whip. I was in good hands.

I had a little sad feeling in the pit of my stomach, as I knew my beloved lady chiropractor was about to be replaced.

Sure enough, BAM! My Beloved Lady Chiropractor Who?
*************************************************************
I feel like I'm cheating on MBLC. I'm sorry, lady. You shouldn't have moved so far away. It's over.
*************************************************************
I am happy to report that I feel one bazillion percent better since having a few adjustments. My hips can't lie--it might have been the decision to take naproxen, to sit on a donut pad, to give it time (after all, bones heal with time), to put out all those happy, healing thoughts....but I think the adjustments quickened the process and made all the difference. (It might have been the church prayer chain, too. They put me on the list. Who am I to argue?) This morning, I am sitting on a chair without a donut, without a naproxen, without pain.  It is the first time since the fall on Christmas morning that I can sit down and not wince, bitch or moan. I'm not exactly jogging material yet but I can now walk without looking like I've got a corn cob stuck up my ass.

I'm shaking my tail feather for a new and improved lady chiropractor. She needs a name....I think I'll call her MRLC...my replacement lady chiropractor.

Let the healing continue. I'm almost ready to dance on tables.

Almost.
****************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment