Thursday, March 15, 2012

An Most Excellent Day

What's not to love about a day that features more tampons in the mail and the discovery of chocolate peeps?

Well, I must admit to being extremely disappointed that the Golden Arches decided to increase the price of their ice cream cones, but that's not such a bad thing when one gets a sparkly green box in the mail filled with bundles of love.

First, let's talk about the peeps.  I am pretty sure peeps don't qualify as a vegetarian product but one must make concessions when it comes to confections.  I hate peeps.  Don't eat them.  If I want that much sugar in such a small package, I'll go eat a tablespoon of raw sugar and call it a day.  That said, I was very intrigued when the wife held up a package with a chocolate covered peep in it.  Now, you KNOW I love chocolate so I wasn't able to say "no" to this product.  I figured it was worth the chance.  Suffice it to say that I found it strangely semi-tasty.  I'm still  no peep fan but this was much better than an original peep.  If you get the chance, try one.  I wouldn't spend any time seeking them out but if one crosses your path, just say yes.

As for the tampons, I received a sparkly green-glitter box in the mail, sent to me from the northernmost tip of Wisconsin.  It was filled with ob tampons.  As you can see, Lucy is very interested in what's in the box.  She was disappointed to see that this wasn't another package from a dog-related company (i.e. treats in the mail).  She doesn't need tampons, so what does she care? Those of you who visit the Addiverse often know what this is all about.  Those of you who only visit now and then have NO idea why I would be excited to get ob tampons in the mail.  I can't thank my transplanted cheddar head enough for the gift. Kiss kiss!

A final note about those ice cream cones: they went from fifty cents to 69 cents.  It had to happen, I suppose...but, it's messing with my money system.  I keep 54 cents in my car at all times because that's how I roll and that's how much they cost.  Now I have to figure out how much tax is on 69 cents so I can keep the proper amount of change on hand.....

...I'll focus on how much those little cotton bundles of love fill me with joy and not worry about the price increase.

Here's to YOU have a most excellent day.

No comments:

Post a Comment