Friday, March 30, 2012

Mega-Madge and Me

I don't know what you've been up to but I've been busy googling of myself, securing mega-million tickets and listening to the new Madonna album.  You DO know that you are supposed to google yourself every now and then, don't you? I am always tickled of how many of "me" there are in the world--there are at least 18 people in the US with my same name.  I think there's more but I stopped counting after 18.  The most prominent one seems to be some lady in Florida who writes math books.  Definitely not me.  The majority of the same-named women happen to be minorities and live south of the Mason-Dixon line.  There is one who prances around dog rings in show dogs, one who made comments about how much she loves Doris Day and even one that lives in two places I have lived--oh wait, that is me.  Funny how some search engines think I still live where I lived 25 years ago.  I'm all good with that--stay away from where I am now.  I was a little shook up at how many photos of me there are on the Internet...all my blog photos show up as me.  Dear god, that's a lot of me.  I'm not sure how I can stop this, as I don't really have my name publicly tied to the blog, but I will be working on a way to make myself a little less visible.

I can't believe I just wrote that.  Me, the hog of the limelight, wants to be less visible.

My co-workers have decided to join the mega-million-madness by pooling our money and buying a pile of tickets for tonight's drawing.  I figure I could live with ten million (after taxes, of course) as my portion.  I don't play the lottery very often so it was exciting to go buy a ticket or ten.  I've already planned out how I will be spending it.  Relatives, take note: you will be getting a chunk of the highest amount allowed to be given tax free as a gift.  While that won't make you rich--I think it's only $10 or $!2,000--it will allow you to go buy new clothes and a few of Madonna's new album.  When I told the wife about my plans, she said, "Can't we spend the money on ourselves first?" I assured her that we would have plenty of money for ourselves.  I told my boss that would continue to work because one cannot live off of ten million dollars and besides, I really like my job. Well, okay--maybe I could live off of ten million dollars and I'm going to want to travel.  Maybe I can work part time.

Don't worry--after we win, I'll still blog.  After all, I will have all sorts of time to blog and I'll have actual things to blog about.  No more mundane subjects of no redeeming value.

As for Madge, I have to think about this new album.  Last time she put out a new album (a real album, not a greatest hits compilation), I didn't like it very much after the first few listens.  I blogged about that, you know. I believe it was 2008--I'll double check.  I grew to love that album and thought the world tour that accompanied it was great.  So, I'm not too concerned that I am not in love with this album. I believe it will grow on me and that I'll enjoy the accompanying concert.  Until then, I'll try and figure out why I think the album feels a wee bit desperate.  I do like a few of the songs and already have them stuck in my head, so I take that as a good sign.  I think my biggest "complaint" is that she wrote this pathetic diddy with the "F" word in the title...the first line of the song is the title of the song, so the "F" word is front and center. Why she had to do this, especially in a ballad, I'm not sure.  It just makes her sound like someone who is old who is trying to be cool. It's my least favorite song and the most desperate.  I have no problem with the "F" word. It's just that there was no need for it that I could figure.

Oh.my.god. I sound like a curmudgeon.

I don't think any of this album will get any play on top 40 radio.  The last album didn't, either but that didn't hurt sales and didn't keep her from making a bazillion dollars  I think me, MJagger and all the 50 year old gay boys of the world are keeping her in business.

Someone's gotta do it.

My ten million mega-million dollars will NOT give me enough money to become Madge's new friend so I'll have to look elsewhere. She poops more than ten million dollars a day. She eats ten million dollars for breakfast. I bet Lucy Lawless would gladly be friends with my ten million dollars.  I bet the other 18 people with my name would be friends with my ten million dollars.  I know the people living in my old apartments would gladly visit me and my money.....

....all I have to say is: Wait til I win that money--THEN google my name.  That'll keep all of us busy.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:03 PM

    I don't think "I Fucked Up" is pathetic at all.

    I think it's one of her most beautiful and honest ballads ever, with some of the finest lyrics on all of MDNA.

    ReplyDelete