Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Today's excitement: allowing Lucy to eat anything and everything she could possibly want (in consideration of tomorrow's surgery, of course).  Well, besides ice cream--I was afraid that might hurt her tooth/tooth root/infection/what-not.   That's really kind of unfair, considering that ice cream is her favorite food of all.  I'm happy to report her face looks a bit better, now that the anti-biotics have kicked in.  Can't really tell what's going on in there, as the hair is all matted and blecky.  I am sure I will pay extra to have that hot mess cut out of her hair.  Better them than me, as they can do it while she's unconscious and I'd have to chase her like a greased pig.

This is a photo of Lucy when she was just a pup.  She's brushing her teeth on a chakram.  Look at those eye lashes!  Please put out good thoughts for her surgery--especially her recovery process. 

My guilt over the whole tooth thing builds each and ever time someone asks: "Don't you brush your dog's teeth?"  Um, no.  No, I don't.  I have never brushed any canine canines.  I can't tell you how many people have asked this.  Hello! We didn't brush dog teeth in the 1970's.  Dogs just had teeth and that's all there was to it.  There were no root canals. There wasn't special doggie toothpaste.  I really didn't think brushing dog teeth was at the top of canine care.  I have been proven wrong.

Of course, starting tooth brushing when your dog is 11.5 years old and 9 years old may give new meaning to teaching an old dog a new trick.  I may have to take video of this so we can all have a good laugh.  It might be even funnier than me trying to put that eye goop in Freckles' blind eye four times a day......

This past weekend's excitement: making the annual Holiday card.  It's a time-intensive ordeal, the pressure building each year.  I had an AWESOME idea for this year's card, but the wife poo poo-ed it.  I am so bitter about that--it would have been by far my best creation ever. It would have been a HUGE hit and a great laugh--at our expense, of course.  I'd use the idea next year (when she's had time to see the humor in it) but it won't be as funny, as I believe timing is everything and this year is the time--after all, we won't be getting civilized again (well, not that I know of).  You know it had to be risky if I asked her about it....I have never asked before...I just make the cards, seal the envelopes, mail them and then show her what I did.  If only!  If only I had just gone ahead and done it....it would've been the best card of the year. 

Sigh.  I'm getting wimpy in my old age.

This year, I went with a simple theme of which I shan't speak.  Suffice it to say: if you thought about it long enough, you would know the theme of the card.  It's based on the most important event of the year--from the wife's perspective.  Hint: It's not Freckles going blind in one eye or having a brush with death.  It's not Lucy's tooth issue.  It's not her back surgery.  It's not our civil union.  It's not even the purchase of her new car.

That's all I'm saying.
**********************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment