Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Reverend Sister Brother Warrior Princess

Praise the baby Jesus and batten down the hatches....I've been asked to perform my first real, legal wedding!  I wanted once again to babble about those Japanese beetles and I need to tell you how the bowl-cation ended, but really....what could be more important, more entertaining, more disturbing than the thought of me performing a real wedding?

Watch out--Reverend Sister Brother Warrior Princess is on the loose!

I am not sure this is a good idea in any capacity but I said 'yes' to performing the ceremony.  I have one month to get my act together.  One. Month. 

My first move is to ensure that I really am able to legally perform the ceremony in the county of choice.  Then, I have to figure out what the heck I really have to do. Then, I have to figure out what to wear.  Wardrobe considerations are always top of the list.


Have I mentioned I have NO idea how to lead a wedding ceremony?

For those of you wondering, it's for an unsuspecting heterosexual couple.  No time to practice on civil unions.  I'm passing Triple A and going straight to the big leagues.

So, damn the beetles.  I've got bigger things to worry about.  This is SO going to be a blog-worthy adventure! *****************************************************
 I can't  leave you hanging about how the bowlcation ended.  The fam damily has returned to home.  Here's how the trip ended:


"So Friday night we went and saw David Copperfield.  Although the show was great his greatest trick was getting us to spend $61.00 on 1 beer and 4 non-alcoholic drinks!  He did make a car appear on stage, and he made himself appear right behind us from the stage.  Everyone seemed to enjoy the show."

"Sunday - we went to the West rim of the grand canyon.  It was a 2.5 hour ride and 10 miles was on unpaved roads.  Very rocky, bumpy, and dusty.  We did see cows on the sides of the roads.  Some were laying right there others were just strolling along.  We got to the west rim and went out on the Skywalk.  It was pretty cool.  I personally had no problem walking above the beams. I did not like crossing the glass portion with nothing under it.  I was always taught no to walk over glass.  It is not a natural thing to do for me.  Everyone had fun and it was a fun fifteen or twenty minutes.  Then we were taken to another area of the canyon and they girls and hubby once again climbed around.  I have no memory in the camera, but have no fear we bought a disposable camera in the gift shop before we set out.  I think I got some good pictures of the canyon as well as hubby changing our flat tire.  Yes, the front passenger was flat as a pancake when we got back to the car.  Several cross country trips and a little unpaved road finally did one in.  The good news is we did have a full size spare under the car and it was only 95 or so.  The spare got us back to the hotel but we will be looking for new tires or to fix a spare before we head out tomorrow morning."

"We arrived home at 7:00am this morning.  Why so early you ask? Because I travel with crazy people who just want their own bed.  They have not learned the art of enjoying a free, cooked breakfast; maids cleaning up after you, and leisurely drives through scenic byways."

I am so going on vacation with my sister and leaving the family behind.  I am all about free food, room service and leisure travel.  Maybe when I get done performing this first wedding, we can hit the road.

As long as I don't have to hit the road because the wedding was a disaster, I'm all good with it......what time's breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment